NOO A DEATh

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

It finally happened my betta scardy died. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Anyways I have noticed my guppies don't do much and just stay at the top all day and don't swim much and the male's belly is swelled, could this mean he is constipated and needs some vegie? Well does anybody know what is wrong with them, all the other fish are fine and active and the gupies still eat just don't move much. Here's my tank it's the 29

http://www.freewebs.com/atmmachine816/myfish.htm

Thanks
    Austin

2. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

sry about your betta :'(

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Ya thanks.

Ok well somebody in my tank are eating on my crypts but not my vals or hornwort and killing the leaves. Sorry I dont know the specific name of the crypts but one is light green with 2" leaves and small and the other has 4" stems and 2" leaves and is tall and the leaves float around a little and has a little red in it. Here's my tank its the 29http://www.freewebs.com/atmmachine816/myfish.htm

Thanks my guess is its the rasboras but I am not sure It only happens in the night.

thanks

Austin

sorry for going off topic but I am getting annoyed about this

4. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:'( :'( :( :'( :'(

I am so sorry about scardy. It sounds like he may have had a blocked bowel or perhaps even if he was very swollen kidney failure. (dropsy) Had he been sick long? Are any of the others sick? Have you had any others die of the same symptoms?

I am sorry but my computer won't let me see the pictures on your website. All I can see is the words. For some reason the Active X won't run on my computer and I haven't been able to figure out how to reset it. I am sure one of the others can see them and perhaps help with answering the questions. I would help more if I could.

Again, my very deepest sympathies for your loss of scardy. I know what you must be feeling and I shall be thinking of you. Let me know how you are doing, okay?

Rose
    :'(

5. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

No no no no Rose I don't know why the betta died might have been stress or he kept going into the angels territory and they finally killed him since I found him dead in their territory but I am describing my two guppies here:

Anyways I have noticed my guppies don't do much and just stay at the top all day and don't swim much and the male's belly is swelled, could this mean he is constipated and needs some vegie? Well does anybody know what is wrong with them, all the other fish are fine and active and the gupies still eat just don't move much. Here's my tank it's the 29

And there is nothing wrong with your computer since there are no pictures on my site though I wish there was but no digital camera.

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

You might want to start with a water change of maybe 25%. Are your guppies still eating? If your male is constipated, do you have any veggie flakes you can feed him? If he's stopped eating, you can put him in a hospital tank with some epsom salt which is supposed to be a good laxative for your fish. Try dosing with a tablespoon for each 10 gallons. That's what I was instructed to do when my angel fish was bloated. ;)

I'm sorry for your betta loss. It's always hard to lose a fish!. :'(

7. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

The only tank I have is a 2.5 with two baby guppies in it, I could move them each in their own breeder box in the big tank and put the guppies both in the 2.5 and add salt and feed them lettuce but I dont have any veggie flakes. Would that be good???

8. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a plan.

I am going to have to turn on brain before I read some of the posts. Sorry I got so mixed up.

Rose
    :)