non schooling fish

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by plecziah, Jul 9, 2015.

1. plecziahValued MemberMember

Hey guys i currently have a tank with 2 BN plecos and 7 zebra danios, would love to get another fish but would prefer a fish i can keep as one or as a pair. Any suggestions? not anything that gets to big or is to aggressive towards my danios, and is quite hardy as im still learning, also not a fish that is to outrageously expensive since im a poor student. Cheers :D

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

What size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    p

plecziahValued MemberMember

It's and 80l tank hence why I don't want to over crowd with more schooling fish

4. isacrValued MemberMember

Guppys???

Sent from my HTC One using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. navarro1950Valued MemberMember

Ok 80L is about 20 gals so why not some platies, swordtails, mollies, tiger barbs, neon tetras, serpea tetras, bleeding hearts cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras just to name a few.

6. OP
    OP
    p

Hmmm yeah could Always get some tetras what about corys?

7. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

You could do a dwarf gourami or maybe a honey gourami in there I think. I also think bn plecos can become territorial as they age, I'm not sure that 20g is large enough to house two of them without issues. I could very well be mistaken on this though. Mollies and swordtails will get too big imo. Cories could work maybe...I don't know if they would be a problem with the 2 plecos or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. OP
    OP
    p

Yeah this tank is only temporary one of my plecos is abit of a bully already definitely eats more because he doesn't let his little brother near the food. I plan to upgrade once they get bigger they ate still small around the size of my biggest danio

9. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Ah that's good to know :) do you put fresh veggies in for them? You might try putting a piece on opposite sides of the tank so each of them has their own little eating area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. OP
    OP
    p

Oh yeah good idea I didn't even think of that I just though the bigger one would just steal both lol

11. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

If you are considering cories, you will need ones that prefer cooler temperatures. Zebra danios like it a bit cooler, 64-75 degrees.

12. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

What are the dimensions of the tank?

13. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

OP mentioned it was a 80 liter tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

14. Anders247

That's not the dimensions...... dimensions is how many inches long, wide, and high.

15. OP
    OP
    p

Oh yep what breed would you suggest?

16. Anders247

Peppered and panda cories are cooler water cories, as are trilineatus.

17. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

If you wanted something a bit more unique, try a couple peacock gudgeons.

18. cichlidman2012Valued MemberMember

Gremen blue Rams

19. Anders247

No, they need higher temp than zebra danios.

20. cichlidman2012Valued MemberMember

That right sorry I did not think. Angles would do good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice