Non-fish Tank

1. Kat84

Kat84 Initiate Member

Hello :)

I'm new here and wanted to say hi. I have a few aquariums but my favourite is my ADF and invertebrate aquarium. It is 50 litres and I have 2 ADF's in there with a bamboo shrimp, 4 amano shrimp, a trumpet snail and a nerite snail. I use a sand substrate, driftwood close to gentle air stones for the bamboo shrimp and a selection of live plants

Everybody seems very happy in there :) the frogs love being fed with a pipette, they eat blood worm, brine shrimp and bits of vegetables. I crush fish flake, pellets and algae wafers to a fine powder for the bamboo shrimp but the frogs nibble this too if there are clumps. The amano shrimp keep it nice and tidy, they eat all the tiny pieces that the others guys have left; I love to watch those guys swimming around, they're so playful!

They've been living in there happily together for over a year.

I've been keeping tropical freshwater fish for many years now but this has been my first experience with frogs and shrimp.

I hope it sounds like a reasonable setup but I would appreciate any advice

2. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore!
    If it works for the frogs, I'm not messing with it.

3. DHIWZ

DHIWZ Member Member

Not sure if there's any advice that could be given if it's been working for over a year with no deaths. Would love to see pics though.

4. OP
    OP
    Kat84

Kat84 Initiate Member

Sure, I tried yesterday but didn't realise the file size restrictions so I've made the smaller. These are just some silly ones from my phone; the one of the frog who looks like she's floating was just after a gulp of air from the surface, think it was too big a gulp!

Attached Files: