Non-Emergency Black Bumps on Rosy Reds

SapphireRyuu

Hello! This is not an emergency thread, just looking for some advice to see if it's something I need to worry about in the future.

I just bought some Rosy Red Minnows, and they like many rosies in the pet store tank have black bumps seemingly under their skin on their sides. I've seen this on the rosies at the store many times and they always seemed healthy. The store clerk said "it happens". But I thought maybe I'd ask somebody who is not just trying to sell their fish.

Out of my "rosies" some are the darker version of the minnow, yet the darker minnows also have some of these bumps on their sides.

20210318_120102~2.jpg

My Tank: 20g, heater, thermometer, filter, been running a few days, I used Tetra AquaSafe Plus to get it going for them.
Inhabitants: Rosy Red Minnows and some fake plants
Haven't changed the tank yet, but plan to do a bit every week and vacuum the gravel.
I didn't test the water before I started, I hoped the AquaSafe would do well. I'll see about getting test strips for the future.
Feeding: I have no clue what the store fed them, but I'm getting them used to Tetra Tropical flakes. I definitely wasn't flake food though since they were confused what I was giving them at first.
How Long: I've only had these guys a couple of days and they came with the bumps.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
KrissyK24
  • Question
Replies
Views
ahouseofscales
Replies
Views
mattgirl