Non Colorful Fish options?

FishGirly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Most of my Fish tanks have a black background, so I’ve noticed that white fishes pop. They stand out a lot!
I’m planning to redo a lot of them around and I wanted to go all white.

I’ve been thinking of a couple of options and I wanted to see what else I can find, that you guys suggest.

Currently I have two bettas each white.
White guppies.

Fish I can consider:
-White Skirt Tetras
-Zebra Danios
-XRay Tetra

What are some other options?
The tanks I have are all 10-20 gallons.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Albino glow light tetras, they are pale in shade with a bright orange stripe down the body. Okay in a 10g, better in bigger (can get to their full size).
Gold/albino neon tetras (seem to be hardier than the average neon tetras weirdly), white-ish body, blue stripe, the red half stripe doesn't really show up on this fish. Can be done in a 10g, but would be about all that would be in it.
Female albino cherry barbs, they are a white/red color and show up on black well, fairly peaceful and smaller in height. Iffy in a 10g, better for a 20g.

Albino paradise gourami, they are mostly white in appearance and would be an okay centerpiece fish. 20g.

Albino cory cats make a nice sharp white, 20 long would be better than high for these guys.

Albinos can have eye sight issues and prefer a darker tank with less bright lights, sudden light in darkness can cause them to freak out.

FishGirly

Valued Member
Reaction score
These are some very nice options! Thank you all. I’m researching each individually to see what I can get. I feel like some of these options I might now find since I’ve never hear of them :D

Very cool though! . I’m here searching up fish compatibilities and care and such.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom