Non Artistic Guy Is Going To Need Help

Tom Bowling

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello one and all. I started this venture of owning fish kicking and screaming... I was like a spoiled little kid who thought this was going to be stupid.... Then I saw my friends Mollies have babies, and the babies playing with the water filter as if it was a roller coaster ride and I got hooked. Problem is it has now become the worse drug habit ever....LOL.. We have, between the 2 of us 7 tanks

I privately been spending money (don't tell my future wife, or my mom) on Aquariums. My friend has a 38g bow front, 29g, 6g, and a 16 gallon fluval bio cube. I have a 32g Bio cube, a 46g Bow front, and just last nite, I got a 75g tank. All of mine right now are in storage, I am about to purchase a house. I am thinking of trading in the 46, and getting a 125g down the road if I can not sell it like I want to. The reason, I'm driven is because I want a shrimp shrimp colony, and now Aquascaping. I have seen the mountain top, the holy grail..... I want my 75 and my 125 to look like its some other world in my tank. I will be watching you guys, and asking a ton of questions, so please if I get on your nerves, let me know and I will do my best not to pester you.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to fish lore!! The best advice I can give you... Research research... Go slowly... Don't try and do it all at one time.. next you will get overwhelmed with all the work and it won't be fun any more.. we would not want that to happen.. fish are awesome!! Oh.. and don't get offended when people tell you that you are doing something wrong!!lol every one on here wants to help!!!! Oh... And enjoy!! Fish keeping is one of the most frustrating but rewarding hobbies of all time!!!!

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Don't worry, your MTS secret is safe with Fishlore!

We have some fantastic aquascapers on this forum! SilisterTrench has a great thread on his aquascaping and tools of the trade: Aquascaping Tips And Tricks
Nigel95 also has a neat thread about his aquascaping in his tank, he's entered into a contest with his tank: Nigel's Forest Scape 128l

I know there's several other members on here that are great, but I follow those two threads and really have enjoyed them.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tge thing about scaping, is that:
- Its very easy to replicate - for your first time, replicate another tank you like and go from there!
- if you dont like it, its extremely easy to start again.

(For me, the easiest scapes are the triangle and mountain (not iguwami) scapes. They very easily to do well, can be set up in low-high light and extremely simple!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom