Non Active And Brown Fungus On Betta Help

1. Makeda

Makeda Member Member

Hello,

Last week I noticed that my friends betta had Dropsy so I gave her some of the advice I got and he appeared to be getting better he was moving more and his fins weren't as stuck out. But today I noticed there is a large brown Square fungus looking thing coming out of his side. I've never heard of anything like this before is there anything I can do.

I tried to get a picture it's hard because the water turn green when we added some store bought medicine

I don't have any tank parameters at the moment and think that they might be messed up if I get them because of the treatment in the water.

Attached Files:

2. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty Cichlid Member Member

The news isn't great: Help - Betta Fish White Lump

To help the community help you, what water parameters can you get without a test kit (mainly temperature, and if you know the ph and hardness of local water supply - that usually doesn't change with conditioners)?
    Does he have a filter?
    What size tank is he in, and about how long has be been there?

For now, continue with regular water changes. For 2.5g and higher 50% at least once a week, for 2.5 and smaller, 50% daily - smaller=more frequent water changes.

I had a betta with something similar, who lived a long time, and never seemed to mind the thing growing over his eye.

3. wodesorel

wodesorel Member Member

The treatment should not effect the water parameters - if it is it could be causing more problems then it is solving!

4. OP
    OP
    Makeda

Makeda Member Member

No I don't think it's causing problems because before he was a lot worse and couldn't move at all and his fins were poked out and he looks really fat.
    Now all that's left is the fungus and the less activeness then usual.