Noisy/Quiet Filters

Stradius011

Awesome aquariums! I see I have the same filter as yours in the aquarium with platy fry. Is yours loud?

COBettaCouple

Re: FLBettaCouple's tanks

Stradius011 said:
Awesome aquariums! I see I have the same filter as yours in the aquarium with platy fry. Is yours loud?
I need to take a new pic of the young platys.. that pic is from a critter keeper q tank that I had used for them a while back - it went out in the trash when we used it for a rescue betta that was a possible fish TB case. the filter wasn't loud though.

Stradius011

Strange....mine is loud and it's in my bedroom. I can't sleep.

COBettaCouple

Stradius011 said:
Strange....mine is loud and it's in my bedroom. I can't sleep.
- maybe this would work as a replacement for it? We just got a couple of them for small tanks and they're VERY quiet.. if it's for a fry tank, you can always cover the intake with netting held tight with a clean rubber band.

Stradius011

That's VERY strange...hmmm.... :-\

COBettaCouple

Stradius011 said:
That's VERY strange...hmmm.... :-\
it's really just a mini-filter with an adjustable flow so it's great for small tanks.

tan.b

I bought 2 identicle filters. one was quiet and one was loud. I took the loud one apart completely (rubber rings and everything) and put back together a few times and now its fine. I think its when the impeller bit isn't quite snug enough. worth a try!

Stradius011

tan.b said:
I bought 2 identicle filters. one was quiet and one was loud. I took the loud one apart completely (rubber rings and everything) and put back together a few times and now its fine. I think its when the impeller bit isn't quite snug enough. worth a try!
I'll try that.

griffin

another thing to try might be to clean the impeller bits and surroundings. i've found that that will quiet down my filters as well as make them work better

Latest threads

Top Bottom