nocturnal??

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
just wondering if red tails are nocturnal, mine was inactive all day with the lights on, moving slowly hanging out on the back wall, as soon as the lights went out he became very active(feeding) chasing other fish and swimming every where

Puppypower

Reaction score
Hey

You know, I think they are. They're a bit like a Black Shark, just less dangerous. But yea, I think they are nocturnal.

Marty

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JMatt1983 said:
just wondering if red tails are nocturnal, mine was inactive all day with the lights on, moving slowly hanging out on the back wall, as soon as the lights went out he became very active(feeding) chasing other fish and swimming every where
Your tank is way too small!!!! Red-tailed sharks need at least 55 gallons of space! It is probably noctural because it's way too cramped. They are NOT noctural.

xxthrwitdwnxx

Reaction score
i have a 29 gallon tank and he does just fine chases fish around and is the most active sometimes

metal_man666

Reaction score
try leaving the light off during the day, i did that and he became very active, i read that they are very shy when u have bright lights on.

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
mine is the same way hiding durring the day and actually jumping out of the water at night

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom