Nocturnal Tiger Barbs

Prasheen

Reaction score
A week ago I bought 4 tiger barbs n from the time I bought them they stay in 1 corner of my 120 gallon tank all day, its only when I put off all the lights at night that thay start swimming around the tank, I really dunno wats wrong ??? I have 4 kribensis, 2 bala sharks, 1 pangasius shark, 1 gourami, 1 pike-nosed gar, 2 swordtails, n inserted my betta yesterday. R tiger barbs nocturnal? Or are they being threatened in some way?

hazfish

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that you may need a few more tigers. They are a schooling fish and tend to do better in groups of six or more. With such a large tank, you may need to buy at least four more to give them a school of eight. I have a school of three tigers that do just fine, however they are in a 29 gallon tank, and are the largest fish in the tank...they share the tank with a couple of cory cats, three gold barbs, three debauwI cats, and a yo-yo loach.

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hazfish is right, you should get a few more tigers especially if you have a tank that size!
Not only does it make them more confident in a group but it helps to get rid of their fin nipping behaviour they have

New Threads