No!!!!!! Sick betta fish!!!!!!!!!!

Amythe
My remaining fish that is normally really energetic is sick.
Ive attached a pic sooooooo sad
poor spottedfin. pls help

Mod edit: image removed for copyright issues

Shidohari
he's been overfed as well noticed the big round under his mouth where his stomach area is. that's a sign that there was very likely overfeeding of your betta. how much food are you feeding it per day and what are the water parameters temperture, ammonia, nitrites etc. Please advise so we can assist you further.

Amythe
I know in my other post I said I only have goldfish But thats like in my tank thats inside, this was in a tank outside like a tank but not our pond. I moved her inside recently
PLS HELP
I had her for 3 yrs

he's been overfed as well noticed the big round under his mouth where his stomach area is. that's a sign that there was very likely overfeeding of your betta. how much food are you feeding it per day and what are the water parameters temperture, ammonia, nitrites etc. Please advise so we can assist you further.
I dont think Ive been overfeeding, put like 2-3 pellets a day and parameters are ok

Alliebaaba
Is your temperature around 78 to 82? Also when was your last water change? Asking to cover bases

AquaCaitlin
We need exact parameters to help efficiently.

Also what is the size of the tank, temperature of the water, and what food is he being fed?

Amythe
Is your temperature around 78 to 82? Also when was your last water change? Asking to cover bases
Changed water like yestarday. and yes it is at about 79

Alliebaaba
Changed water like yestarday. and yes it is at about 79
Okay, the whole amount or 50%, etc? How often do you normally do it. And does your betta tank have a filter?

Amythe
Okay, the whole amount or 50%, etc. How often do you normally do it. And does your betta tank have a filter?
50 percnt and yes

LadfromLondon
The more specific parameters you give, the more we can help you and your buddy

Alliebaaba
The more specific parameters you give, the more we can help you and your buddy
Agreed, but if you don't have all of that then please tell us what you can. We want to help you and him

Amythe
We need exact parameters to help efficiently.

Also what is the size of the tank, temperature of the water, and what food is he being fed?
ammonia 0.02 Nitrite 0.25 Nitrate 15 5 gal tank and 79 water live brine shrimp food

Alliebaaba
Do you know the pH by chance?

AquaCaitlin
ammonia 0.02 Nitrite 0.25 Nitrate 15 5 gal tank and 79 water live brine shrimp food
brine shrimp will cause swim bladder disorders if fed too often, and can cause constipation. It is best to feed as only a dietary supplement.

The nitrite in your aquarium should be at 0ppm, anything more than that is toxic to your fish. The ammonia should also be at 0ppm.
it appears you are in a fish-in cycle.

I would suggest 50% water changes daily and fasting your betta until his bloat goes down

Amythe
Do you know the pH by chance?
No sorry

brine shrimp will cause swim bladder disorders if fed too often, and can cause constipation. It is best to feed as only a dietary supplement.

The nitrite in your aquarium should be at 0ppm, anything more than that is toxic to your fish. The ammonia should also be at 0ppm.

I would suggest 50% water changes daily and fasting your betta until his bloat goes down
Ok thanks

Alliebaaba

It probably wouldn't hurt to get some betta leaves and put one in the tank to help give antibiotic properties in the mean time as well since his immune system might be a little low from all the stress. Also try to keep him in lower light so he can relax and recoup.

Amythe
It probably wouldn't hurt to get some betta leaves and put one in the tank to help give antibiotic properties in the mean time as well since his immune system might be a little low from all the stress. Also try to keep him in lower light so he can relax and recoup.
Ill try that

e_watson09
Based on your water parameters your fish is likely suffering from the ammonia and Nitrites in the tank. Your tank is cycling currently which takes time. Daily 50% water changes should help the betta survive until the tank is done cycling

Amythe
Based on your water parameters your fish is likely suffering from the ammonia and Nitrites in the tank. Your tank is cycling currently which takes time. Daily 50% water changes should help the betta survive until the tank is done cycling
Thanks

Alliebaaba
Ill try that
When you see him poop again that will be a great sign. I know that sounds weird but think of it this way. When you are bloated and don't feel good, you feel better after a good poop. Keep us updated and we are all here to help. I'm sure you are worried sick and we all can sympathize with that pain. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Amythe
When you see him poop again that will be a great sign. I know that sounds weird but think of it this way. When you are bloated and don't feel good, you feel better after a good poop. Keep us updated and we are all here to help. I'm sure you are worried sick and we all can sympathize with that pain. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!
RHanks

Alliebaaba
Ill try that
Anytime! We are all learning together and being able to help each other is what this place is for.

Amythe

Anytime! We are all learning together and being able to help each other is what this place is for.
yeah its nice to be able to talk about your fish and find solutions for behavior

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
Kevinnatanaels
Replies
Views
Jenoli42
Replies
Views