No More Tetra Min Or Wardleys For Me...need Suggestions

BklynsBurning

Reaction score
hI guys...first post..ive been fish keeping for 20 years semI successfully...I fell duped by the big biz foods with no nutrients and want to buy better food products....

for the barbs and other top swimmers, I'm now feeding new life spectrum all purpose flakes so this isn't a problem

my concern is the bottom feeders... I have a clown loach, bristle plec, ottos and khulI loaches currently waiting for the scraps to fall...I need some good wafers or sticks that are not all filler

I read about kens vegetable sticks but not sure if that's good enough to sate them as a group

the khulis are young and only feed in the dense part of the tank so species specific food will be needed

thanx in advance

Sergeant Pepper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I feed a pretty wide variety. I feed Omega One Flakes, Omega One Shrimp Pellets, New Life Spectrum Community, and Bug Bites. I also about once a week give frozen Bring Shrimp and Blood Worms. My Khulis get plenty to eat. I often throw in fresh veggies as well. My Khulis seem to really like Broccoli.

sloughdog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can also spot feed your kuhlis by using tweezers to place food in the areas the kuhlis like to be. Feed the kuhlis second and while your other fish are feeding so the other fish are distracted.

OP
BklynsBurning

BklynsBurning

Reaction score
thanks guys....just ordered some omega veg rounds and color minI pellets...I always drop stuff into the khulI zone...but the pleco comes bashing through and gets his share too

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
New Life Spectrum
Omega One
Hikari
Rod's Foods
Repashy
Frozen Foods (San Francisco Bay, Hikari, etc)
Fluval Bug Bites

New Threads