No Fish In Walmart

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had been noticing there being fewer and fewer fish in the tanks of my local Walmart. Today the tanks were completely empty and a sign said they were not able to sell fish at this time. If this becomes permanent, the only place to buy fish in this town will be PetSmart.

SaltyPhone

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’d take PetSmart over Walmart for fish any day. Those are really the only options in my immediate vicinity which is why I order online or drive an hour and half one way.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I could drive 2 hours to another store but it would be a Petco.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm in far upstate New York. Next to Lake Champlain and 25 miles from the border with Canada.

MD_Plants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I prefer my petsmart over the local Walmart fish wise any day. My petstmart follows pretty much every rule they should and keep the tanks rather healthy. Veryone there has some deal of experience!

Charlie’s Dad

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I must concur. Walmart really has no business in selling live fish. The management does not allow time for any one to properly take of their tanks/fish.

Petsmart is the only one for myself too. I to order online or from great aquarists here on the forum.

I have had no problems with anyone or there live stock.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have never bought a fish from Walmart. The only live critter I bought there was a Black Mystery snail and it did very well. Everything else has come from PetSmart. Well, everything is 4 fish and 5 snails. Everything has thrived except for a purple GLO Danio that only lived 10 days. He was returned with no problem. Anything alive that they sell is guaranteed for 14 days. The knowledge level is I would say, below average except for one kid who has 5 tanks at home. He knows more than the store manager. She only really knows the furries.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, the tanks are now gone from the Walmart so it's official. PetSmart is the only game in town and the only thing within 75 miles.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom