No Fish Do I Need Still Need To "feed" Tank? Important

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by w_johnson07, Apr 24, 2018.

1. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

I recently just lost my fish in 5 gallon tank and I was wondering if I still needed to "feed" the tank food to keep the bacteria alive until I get new fish. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any stocking ideas, let me know.

2. FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

Yes, you need an ammonia source or the bacteria will die after a few days. You could do a single male betta, a small school of chili rasboras, or maybe 1 or 2 pea puffers. A shrimp tank is another cool option.

3. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

a betta and chili rasboras or just one or the other?

4. FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

Just one or the other. Bettas should be kept alone unless you have 20 gallons or more.

5. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Another good option would be a trio of endlers or potentually male guppies - endlers would be best however!

6. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

Okay, thank you. Which do you think would be the most fun to watch/ be interactive with me?

7. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Out of guppies and endlers? If so, probably about the same- endlers are just guppy in a small package. Equally as entertaining...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice