No Filter, No Heater, No Co2, No Ferts. Walstad Nano Fish Tank

Marc Davis
HI guys.

I set up this tank last night for a long term project. Video explains everything i've done but you can ask me any questions you like. Really fun little tank to make

Bryangar
It’d be great if you could list the specs of the tank and plant list? Other than that, the tank looks amazing! I’ve subbed to your channel.

Tsin21
Nice tank and cool video! I've also subbed to your channel.

By the way, I also have a walstad tank which has been running for one month & 8 days now.

Marc Davis
Nice tank and cool video! I've also subbed to your channel.

By the way, I also have a walstad tank which has been running for one month & 8 days now.
Thank you for the sub. Means a lot. you have any photos, journal or video?

It’d be great if you could list the specs of the tank and plant list? Other than that, the tank looks amazing! I’ve subbed to your channel.
I'll get back to you shortly on the plants as ill need to look them up as ive forgotten the names (all plants apart from the eleocharis are trimmings from my discus tank (video on my channel as well).

I'm thinking possibly weekly updates for this with a 7 day time lapse and then a small bit of footage focusing on main changes each week. What do you guys think. Each video will include all previous time lapse's so we always get a full over view. Thoughts?

Tsin21
you have any photos, journal or video?
You're welcome! I have a few photos of it in my album page.

AssistanttotheRegionalMgr
I'll get back to you shortly on the plants as ill need to look them up as ive forgotten the names (all plants apart from the eleocharis are trimmings from my discus tank (video on my channel as well).
I'm thinking possibly weekly updates for this with a 7 day time lapse and then a small bit of footage focusing on main changes each week. What do you guys think. Each video will include all previous time lapse's so we always get a full over view. Thoughts?
Really good video! Where did you get the tank?

Marc Davis
Really good video! Where did you get the tank?
This little tank is going to be fun I think!! I found it on a selling site. I'm from England. It's called gumtree. Same thing as Craigslist. I brought it for £20 which is $26. That included the light, a filter and a heater. I'll use the heater and filter on another project.

This little tank is going to be fun I think!! I found it on a selling site. I'm from England. It's called gumtree. Same thing as Craigslist. I brought it for £20 which is $26. That included the light, a filter and a heater. I'll use the heater and filter on another project.
Awesome I will definitely try to do this

Marc Davis
I think i've decided on a male betta for the tank when it is finally cycled and grown in a bit. Its too small for anything else really.

I will get a dumbo eared one as I think they look amazing. I'll try and ind a young one to watch it grow as well.

If this is successful, I will then start a second tank which will be bigger and house something else.

Marc Davis
Male betta added guys. This is Flame. I will be making an update video soon.

Flame Betta.png

And here is the week 1 update.

Marc Davis
Marc Davis
New update guys. Week 2. Betta fish added and tons of growth on the plants. Next weeks video will be a big trim I think:

bitseriously
I love 'simple', and this totally fits the bill!
I might have missed it earlier on in your info or vids, but what kind of light do you have up top?

Marc Davis
I love 'simple', and this totally fits the bill!
I might have missed it earlier on in your info or vids, but what kind of light do you have up top?
It's just a 5 watt light that came with the tank. Probably about 6500k.

WinterSoldier.
Really cool!!!

Would you say this is a low light aquarium

Also a list of plants would be nice

rotala rotundifolia. Dwarf hair grass. Lugwigia pulustrious super red. Limnophila sessiliflora. Heteranthera zosterifolia. hygrophila polysperma.
How do I convince my parents to let me make this

Marc Davis
How do I convince my parents to let me make this
Tell them it makes no noise. Uses barely any energy, takes up little space and is great fun for everyone.

Tell them it makes no noise. Uses barely any energy, takes up little space and is great fun for everyone.
Ooh that's good!! I'll try

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
devsi
  • Question
Replies
Views
The_fishy
Replies
Views
Klevin