No Berried Rcs

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No leave them there you have good cover see how it works lots of people keep them with shrimp and they breed well, if at some stage you took the guppies out the shrimp still need a heater
AJE said:
So should I put my guppies in my pond’s “sump” and unplug the heater?

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
richie.p said:
No leave them there you have good cover see how it works lots of people keep them with shrimp and they breed well, if at some stage you took the guppies out the shrimp still need a heater
Really? They didn’t have a heater before I put the guppies in

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So you’re saying all the buried rcs are hiding in the plants?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its quite possible you have a few in the plants like me but you should still see some berried, if it worked without the heater before then theres no reason why it won't work again, have you checked your perameters lately

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
richie.p said:
Its quite possible you have a few in the plants like me but you should still see some berried, if it worked without the heater before then theres no reason why it won't work again, have you checked your perameters lately
Yes, they are on page 1, other than changing the temp there have been no changes. I haven’t seen any buried shrimp all month

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just my 2 cents, but I've always noticed breeding slows down whenever there are fish in the tank with my RCS. I'm not sure if it's the stress of a constant predator threat or what, but I noticed an overall drop in shrimp population when I had a few tetras in with them. Since then I've always kept my shrimp in species-only tanks with plenty of moss and they just breed out of control.

Also, regarding temperature, I keep my shrimp tanks around 76F and they have no problem breeding. I also feed them every morning, just enough so that the food is completely gone by noon, which in my case (~150 shrimp) is about 3 algae wafers per day.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom