Nj Summer Meetup | Page 6

Discussion in 'USA Aquarium Clubs' started by DarkOne, May 28, 2019.

1. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

My albinos have been busy every week it seems :D My sterbai are a little young yet, so are the trilineatus. Maybe they'll both give me more some day, nothing better than more cory cats!! <3

2. coralbandit

coralbanditFishlore VIPMember

Dude make sure we know if you are coming up !
    All who want to come are welcome ..It is so cool to get more and more FL people together ..

3. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

Plecos and corydoras are my favorites. I have about 8 different species of corydoras and 19 plecos. The Sterbai was an impulse buy when I saw 5 at a LFS. I put them in QT with 4 L128 plecos for a couple of months. I set up a new 40b pleco grow out tank a few months ago and the day after I moved the plecos, the Sterbai spawned and haven't stopped since.

I saw my tetras spawn. Not sure which ones though (I have rummynose, neon and glowlights) as I only saw the eggs and they were eaten by a couple of juvenile rainbows. I would love to try to breed some tetras but the Sterbai fry/juvies are taking up all the extra tank space.

4. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

Wow 8 kinds of cory! Which ones? How many tanks do you have? Plecos are so cute but I haven't the room for them.

I really wanted my first cats to be pandas but my lfs sold out every time, so I got albinos instead. 3 died but 6 are still going, fat, full of hormones, and happy . I've seen spotted cory, Similis, I think? Those are super cute but not for beginners and I'm still new at the game.
    I think my sterbai are in a cursed tank, cause every fish I put in there gets fin rot, which is slow moving but hard to eradicate. 2 are in hospital tank fresh from 5 days methylene blue treatment. They are staying in there till they're perfect, even if I have to do water changes every day for 6 months! Can't wait for this new tank to come in! I'm moving them out and into the albino tank where so far, there's no curse

I can blab about my fish all day!

5. Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94Well Known MemberMember

I will be sure to let you all know! Hopefully everything goes as planned! I’m sure she would enjoy herself also. Even though she’s not as “into” fish as I am. Lol

6. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

And it’ll be good to start the baby out young lol

7. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

Sterbai (5 adults, 200 juvies/fry)
    Orange Lasers (12)
    Agassizii (6)
    Aeneus (7)
    Paleatus (5)
    Sodalis (6)
    Pygmy (10)
    Pulcher (1)
    Melanotaenia (1)

So 9. I had 6 C Duplicareus but they didn't make it for some reason. They're delicate just like pandas.

My pleco grow out tank is overcrowded so I do 10% w/c almost every day and 50% every week. My sterbai tanks get water changes every other day or so.

8. Fishcat

FishcatWell Known MemberMember

So many corys - are you breeding the others, or just sterbai at the moment? I am well-supplied for sterbais, but if (when) I get another tank, corydoras are likely to be at the top of my stocking list.

9. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

I was planning on breeding the OLCs but it was put on hold when the Sterbai started breeding. I would like to also breed the Agassizii and maybe the Sodalis. I don't have enough tanks for the fry so one at a time.

10. Afganistan20072009

Afganistan20072009New MemberMember

I love my aquatic family.

11. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

Anyone interested in a mini-meetup? Absolutely Fish is having a sale on 8/24-25. Everything will be 25-40% off.

12. DioAquatics

DioAquaticsFishlore VIPMember

I'm cool with a mini-meetup. Probably won't be buying anything though

13. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

Ooooh I'm so broke but I'd love to go!

14. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

I really don't need anything either but if they have a pleco that I need (not want) then all bets are off :p

D- I can bring some rotala rotundafolia for you if you want. It'll motivate me to do a major trim in my shrimp tank.

15. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

That reminds me, do they sell plants at Absolutely Fish? Cause if so I'm screwed

16. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

They do but they only get large shipments once in a while so they could have a ton of plants or very little.

17. LDan

LDanValued MemberMember

Thanks

18. DioAquatics

Suuuuure, a pleco you “need” lol. Yea I’ll take some of the rotala, thanks man

19. OP
    OP
    DarkOne

Just an update on the AF sale coming up in 2 weeks. They have Aqueon and Marineland tanks for cost + $1 (about 30% off). They only do this once a year. It's not a good deal for the tanks that PetCo has for their DPG (10, 20, 29, 40, 55, 75) but for the odd sized tanks, it's a great deal. I'm looking at 30g breeders but not sure if I want just 1 or 2. You place an order that day and it comes in later in the week so you'd have to go back.

Sat 11a to 5p
    Sun 12n to 5p

I'm thinking Sat noon-ish.

As far as plecos, I'm keeping an eye open for a L014 Sunshine in the 4"- 6" range for under $100.

My L075 is growing really fast and absolutely gorgeous :). Unfortunately, he's only shy when I get a camera but is one of the first to come out when I drop in food. His stripes that misled my ID of him turned into spots.
    2019-07-24 13.32.42.jpg

20. DioAquatics

Saturday at noon works for me