Nj Summer Meetup - Page 4

DarkOne

Paramus is possibly the best Petco I've ever seen. The manager is an enthusiast and orders a ton of different fish that aren't normally stocked at most Petco's. Teterboro is another new location that's not too bad but selection could be thin.

Fishtown USA was the first place to buy some of my EBAs when I bred them. They definitely had a great selection of fish and plants at great prices. I heard they lost the lease and was supposed to open in a new location but the new place fell thru so they're in limbo for the last year or so.

If anyone is looking for monster fish, Betial's in Pearl River is great but prices are hit or miss. I got 4 L128's, L075 and L240 plecos there for great prices but some others can be way overpriced. Definitely a place worth a visit just to gawk at bigger fish. They also have smaller fish and tons of supplies.

LDan

Did we miss you? It's only like that during the sales. Even weekends aren't too bad. They also have some live foods at pretty good prices.

I couldn't get out of the house early enough, I was there around 1 I think?

I didn't even see the live food, my bettas would have loved some of that! I saw some nice plants but it was so packed, I'm so bad in crowds. I gotta get back there.

aae0130

Where are you folks from? I live in the town that hosts the Aquatic Experience. I could literally walk there. I went last year and had a blast. It reinvigorated my love for cichlids.

DioAquatics

Where are you folks from? I live in the town that hosts the Aquatic Experience. I could literally walk there. I went last year and had a blast. It reinvigorated my love for cichlids.
I’m from New York but I make the hour trip to Jersey because of the fish stores and being able to meet up with friends. I went to the aquatic experience last year too, meet up with friends from FL and we had a great time! You should definitely join us this year

LDan

I'm from Jackson, about 1.5 hours away. The Aquatic Experience sounds awesome! Not too expensive either, for the two days. I'll have to see when it gets closer.

DarkOne

I couldn't get out of the house early enough, I was there around 1 I think?

I didn't even see the live food, my bettas would have loved some of that! I saw some nice plants but it was so packed, I'm so bad in crowds. I gotta get back there.
I was running late and got there around 12:30p. I was waiting in line to get in for about 15m.

They have a small list by the front door with the live foods they have. Each portion is usually around $5.

I'm about 5m away from Secaucus.

I'm from Jackson, about 1.5 hours away. The Aquatic Experience sounds awesome! Not too expensive either, for the two days. I'll have to see when it gets closer.
I think 1 day is enough to see everything they have. I think we spent about 4 hrs last year and saw everything. I even got my largest pleco from there. (He glows in the dark!)

2019-01-28 21.24.40.jpg

LDan

I was running late and got there around 12:30p. I was waiting in line to get in for about 15m.

They have a small list by the front door with the live foods they have. Each portion is usually around $5.

I'm about 5m away from Secaucus.

I think 1 day is enough to see everything they have. I think we spent about 4 hrs last year and saw everything. I even got my largest pleco from there. (He glows in the dark!)

2019-01-28 21.24.40.jpg
OMG that's so cute! It's good to know the two days aren't necessary, thanks! Can you buy fish and plants there or is it just hardware and food and stuff?

DarkOne

OMG that's so cute! It's good to know the two days aren't necessary, thanks! Can you buy fish and plants there or is it just hardware and food and stuff?
There are some vendors there that sell fish and plants. That's where I got my guppy grass and pilo moss.

LDan

There are some vendors there that sell fish and plants. That's where I got my guppy grass and pilo moss.
Sweet, thanks! I have a bad weakness for plants

coralbandit

We are on to scheduling the Aquatic Experience ? I am in for the Saturday I believe ..I think my rams will be in one vendors display tank .. He plans to sell them last day I am told..
Everything there is for sale last day ! I don't think one vendor brings tanks ,equipment or fish back with them .They all mostly buy tanks and equipment new just for show...
It is pretty easy to see all in one day with time to spare if it is like last year..Things like competitions and such are scheduled for certain days though .
looking forward to meeting up with everyone again !
I can't even imagine waiting in line to get into a store ! They would have to be giving something good away for free ! No joke ...
I hope not stand in line for the experience !

DioAquatics

We are on to scheduling the Aquatic Experience ? I am in for the Saturday I believe ..I think my rams will be in one vendors display tank .. He plans to sell them last day I am told..
Everything there is for sale last day ! I don't think one vendor brings tanks ,equipment or fish back with them .They all mostly buy tanks and equipment new just for show...
It is pretty easy to see all in one day with time to spare if it is like last year..Things like competitions and such are scheduled for certain days though .
looking forward to meeting up with everyone again !
I can't even imagine waiting in line to get into a store ! They would have to be giving something good away for free ! No joke ...
I hope not stand in line for the experience !
I'm in for Saturday also!

DarkOne

I'm good for Sat or Sun. I remember a bunch of vendors selling off new tanks for DPG or less on the last day.

Absolutely Fish has to set up a line because there's an initial rush and the store can't handle that many people. It only happens during their big sales. I went to their midnight sale and they gave away glow-in-the-dark necklaces on the line.

aae0130

I’m going on the last day because I’m hoping to score a tank and stand on the cheap. They had plenty of tanks last year that they were practically giving away.

DarkOne

Aquatic Experience is in less than 2 weeks.

coralbandit

I am in for Saturday .
Trying to wrangle Rich.
My buddy Pat is working the event for a company he represents [ API ]..
Willing to bring fish to who ever wants to meet uo to get them instead of shipping..

DioAquatics

I'm in for Saturday too. Going to buy my ticket online

Lchi87

See you guys there!

DioAquatics

Got my ticket for this Saturday! See you guys there

coralbandit

Got my ticket the other day also !

Lchi87

I grabbed a weekend pass, Sunday is when you can make deals

DioAquatics

I grabbed a weekend pass, Sunday is when you can make deals
I wish it was closer so I didn’t have to make an hour trip, definitely would have got a weekend pass

DarkOne

I haven't bought my ticket yet but now you have me thinking....

DioAquatics

I haven't bought my ticket yet but now you have me thinking....
Me too... might just make 2 trips down there so I can make it Sunday also

Lchi87

LOL we’re not even there yet and already enabling eachother... love it Remember that there are raffles both days so bring cash if you’re into that. I’ll be putting in for a giant tank if there is one...

DioAquatics

LOL we’re not even there yet and already enabling eachother... love it Remember that there are raffles both days so bring cash if you’re into that. I’ll be putting in for a giant tank if there is one...
Is that what good friends are for? Lol. I’ll be bringing cash regardless so let’s se how broke I go lol

Lchi87

Is that what good friends are for? Lol. I’ll be bringing cash regardless so let’s se how broke I go lol
We should take bets whether or not DarkOne goes home with some sort of bottom dweller

DioAquatics

We should take bets whether or not DarkOne goes home with some sort of bottom dweller
We all know that’s a very likely situation, especially if it’s one he “needs” LOL

DarkOne

There's a few plecos I "need" but I'll try to be good

What time are we meeting? They open at 10a but I was thinking noon.

Lchi87

I’ll probably be there between 12 and 1 !

DioAquatics

I'll be there around 12 also

coralbandit

I will be there by noon .
Hoping to get DM on way out ..
I am on the pleco hunt also ..[ well expensive fish hunt ?]
Another 5 zebras would be a good addition to my original 5 Bobby picked for me ..
Maybe that can fulfill his needs also ??

DarkOne

I would definitely want a setup just for them if I got a group. My L240 and L075 are big enough to move out of my pleco tank but I'm leary of moving them into a planted tank so they're staying put for now.

coralbandit

Great meeting !
So much fun wwe stayed till closing at 6pm ~ !
I never made it to Dsicus Madness so felt I had to get something [am I wrong ?]
So Beitals Aquarium { a local NYC/NJ fish store }had some nice little clown loaches for $24 each @ 3.5 inches ..I managed 5 for $110 and they are warming up in floating container now .. Snagged 2 discus cones and a pellet grinder !
Kind of want to pass through again tomorrow after a trip to DM !
Probably won't though. !
I think we all spaced on pics but pretty sure all had fun !
Thanks for having me again this year you guys !

Amazoniantanklvr

I waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far away! I would but cant. Sorry!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
Ken Kanatsu
Replies
Views
That crazy fish man
Replies
Views