Nj Summer Meetup - Page 2

Lchi87

I’ll definitely take pics jmaldo

See y’all at the diner @ noon tomorrow!

coralbandit

Party time !
Packing fish for trip and early holiday week shipping and will be on my way shortly !
Looking forward to seeing everybody again !

DioAquatics

See you guys soon!

DoubleDutch

Another Meet-up of the "Fishlore Gang" I gotta move closer. LOL
Remember "Pics" or it did not happen.
Have fun everyone.
Agree, I need to emigrate !

Thedudeiam94

Wishing I was on the road headed y’alls way! Hope y’all have a great time today! Get some good photos! “Fish people in their natural habitat” haha

DarkOne

Great meeting up with the gang today!

coralbandit

Well I am horrible taking pictures or videos while actually doing things ..I always think later and even think about it before sometimes..
jmaldo said this is supposed to fun the other day ! It is supposed to be fun ..I had a great time and enjoyed sharing the day with everyone ..
Very cool watching everyone look at fish and plants and wonder who was going to get what ..
I knew I should not get discus and my LFS did not receive my tanks I ordered so that sort of dampened my spirit... Need a place to put big fish ..
All I wanted was a smoking hot red discus and when I walked into the discus area it was like wearing rose colored discus glasses ! I could not choose ! They were unbelievable !
And white ,yea some nice whites that I liked ...No discus for bandit as the 10 I got un planned will keep my hands full .BUT....
I did get something there that is only available to me in person there that I have mentioned I wanted ..@DarkOne got to have the honor and fun of picking and catching them for me..
Words can not describe where I am at in my fish room and stocking history right now ..So epic,so great ,so fun and high quality I guess I am ready to die now ..I mean there is little left besides to breed the discus I have and these little guys in 4 more years or so ! I hope Bobby had fun catching them and gave me as good luck with sexing as he has had with his plecos and cories ..
Pictures of the latest bandit additions ;

nwBgEj8l.jpg

RmhBfv1l.jpg

ImNwf08l.jpg

UWWKpQzl.jpg

uwmaMbAl.jpg

fJeqOI4l.jpg

pHaq3v0l.jpg
Yea baby ! Discus on Tuesday and Zebra plecos on Saturday !
They went into their own tank thanks again to Bobby ! I had a 5.5 all waiting so they are good in therefor a while I think ??
Had a great trip and hope to see all again in Fall around the Aquatic Expo ..
HI all ,my name is Tom and I am addicted to fish and it is GREAT !

DarkOne

They look awesome!!! 5.5g might be slightly small as water quality could get away from you pretty quickly but it's a good size for spot feeding (brine shrimp!!!). I believe they're on the IUCN red list so you better breed them. And I get dibs on the first spawn

Thedudeiam94

Totally jealous of those zebra plecos!!!!! I seen those one a site once and have wanted one ever since! Noiceee! Awesome additions!!!

jmaldo

@coralbandit
Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner, I mean Zebra Plecos. "Stunning"
You know once you get them breeding, which I have no doubt you will.
My buy list for you keeps growing:
a trio or pair of Black Rams
a pair of GBR
and now a trio or pair of Zebras.
Happy to hear you guys had a "Good" time..
That's what it's all about. Friends + Fish = Fun.

coralbandit

Such a great time for sure !
Start the clock on the plecos ! DarkOne said he chose 3 males and 2 females !
We should know in about 4 years ? !!! It seemed like the longer I waited the longer we would all wait so I jumped in !
Now the waiting ..They said something about Patience ? Have they posted lately ???

Minxxy

Ohh the list of wants I have now lol

Fishcat

Looks like I need to get another tank so I have a place for one of the offspring when they start breeding! Beautiful fish and I am unbelievably jealous.

jmaldo

Now the waiting ..They said something about Patience ?

Patience? Shh..It is a bad word. I am learning.
Hey, I waited over 2 years to give the "Discus" a go. I can wait a little longer, for your "Beauties".

"Patience Young Grasshopper"

DarkOne

Such a great time for sure !
Start the clock on the plecos ! DarkOne said he chose 3 males and 2 females !
We should know in about 4 years ? !!! It seemed like the longer I waited the longer we would all wait so I jumped in !
Now the waiting ..They said something about Patience ? Have they posted lately ???
I'm not an expert but I picked what looked like 3m, 2f but it could be 3f. They're still very young.

And all youse people need to back off. I got dibs on the first spawn

Dawn Michele

They
Well I am horrible taking pictures or videos while actually doing things ..I always think later and even think about it before sometimes..
jmaldo said this is supposed to fun the other day ! It is supposed to be fun ..I had a great time and enjoyed sharing the day with everyone ..
Very cool watching everyone look at fish and plants and wonder who was going to get what ..
I knew I should not get discus and my LFS did not receive my tanks I ordered so that sort of dampened my spirit... Need a place to put big fish ..
All I wanted was a smoking hot red discus and when I walked into the discus area it was like wearing rose colored discus glasses ! I could not choose ! They were unbelievable !
And white ,yea some nice whites that I liked ...No discus for bandit as the 10 I got un planned will keep my hands full .BUT....
I did get something there that is only available to me in person there that I have mentioned I wanted ..@DarkOne got to have the honor and fun of picking and catching them for me..
Words can not describe where I am at in my fish room and stocking history right now ..So epic,so great ,so fun and high quality I guess I am ready to die now ..I mean there is little left besides to breed the discus I have and these little guys in 4 more years or so ! I hope Bobby had fun catching them and gave me as good luck with sexing as he has had with his plecos and cories ..
Pictures of the latest bandit additions ;

nwBgEj8l.jpg

RmhBfv1l.jpg

ImNwf08l.jpg

UWWKpQzl.jpg

uwmaMbAl.jpg

fJeqOI4l.jpg

pHaq3v0l.jpg
Yea baby ! Discus on Tuesday and Zebra plecos on Saturday !
They went into their own tank thanks again to Bobby ! I had a 5.5 all waiting so they are good in therefor a while I think ??
Had a great trip and hope to see all again in Fall around the Aquatic Expo ..
HI all ,my name is Tom and I am addicted to fish and it is GREAT !
HI Tom!!!! They are GORGEOUS!!!! I want one!!!

coralbandit

Thank you Dawn !
I Hope all is well with you ..Maybe in 4 years I will have these to offer also ??
They say I have to grow them out for 4 years !!!

Dawn Michele

Thank you Dawn !
I Hope all is well with you ..Maybe in 4 years I will have these to offer also ??
They say I have to grow them out for 4 years !!!
Everything is going well. 4 years??? Why so long??? Did you see my thread about the Aqueon heaters???

coralbandit

They are slow growers I guess ! Part of makes them so pricey ..
I just responded to your heater thread ..Glad you are ok !

Dawn Michele

They are slow growers I guess ! Part of makes them so pricey ..
I just responded to your heater thread ..Glad you are ok !
Thanks Tom!!! That was scary!!! I know they are very expensive. They are GORGEOUS!!!

Lchi87

Super quick montage of our trip:

Its always so fun to see everyone and enable eachother Thanks for a lovely afternoon guys, can’t wait til next time!

jmaldo

Nice Job! Lchi87
As mentioned, That's what it's all about. Friends + Fish = Fun.

richsfishes

Looks like a good time guys. Cant wait for next time when I can hopefully join in the fun again!

Lucy

Thanks for sharing the video! Gosh, those fish! Just gorgeous! I think it's great that you can all get together!

LDan

Aww man, I'm in NJ! I'm new here and saw this too late Someone holler at me next time!

Geoff

Aww man, I'm in NJ! I'm new here and saw this too late Someone holler at me next time!

Welcome! What part of Jersey are you in?

LDan

Welcome! What part of Jersey are you in?
Jackson. I didn't even know about Discus Madness! It's an hour away from me.

Geoff

Nice! I'm up in the Poconos but I work in Jersey in Morris County. I have cousins who grew up in Jackson. They live in Point Pleasant and Toms River now.

coralbandit

Don't wait for us to go ! Call and make sure some one is in if week day but Saturdays are all good !
It is a great store !
We hope to all meet up at the Meadowlands convention center this fall for Aquatic Expo...

LDan

Nice! I'm up in the Poconos but I work in Jersey in Morris County. I have cousins who grew up in Jackson. They live in Point Pleasant and Toms River now.
Oh wow, do you travel every day??

Geoff

Oh wow, do you travel every day??

Yeah it's about 40 miles door to door, but 99% of the trip is on I-80. Usually takes 45 minutes each way, barring obscene traffic.

LDan

Don't wait for us to go ! Call and make sure some one is in if week day but Saturdays are all good !
It is a great store !
We hope to all meet up at the Meadowlands convention center this fall for Aquatic Expo...
Thanks for letting me know! I get an error message at that link, but I looked it up. Sounds like fun!

Yeah it's about 40 miles door to door, but 99% of the trip is on I-80. Usually takes 45 minutes each way, barring obscene traffic.
Ahh that's not too bad then

Geoff

Ahh that's not too bad then

Yeah I’m in Stroudsburg so I’m not far from the PA/NJ border. In fact, I’m out sitting on my deck and I can see the Delaware Water Gap from here lol.

Geoff

Absolutely Fish is having their 4th of July sale Thursday and Friday. 20% off all livestock!

DioAquatics

Absolutely Fish is having their 4th of July sale Thursday and Friday. 20% off all livestock!
I think I have enough fish for now lol

Thedudeiam94

It is a great store !

Looked into this! Asked the girlfriend and we may be coming to join everyone!! Hopefully if things work out the way I hope, we will be there!!

Geoff

Looked into this! Asked the girlfriend and we may be coming to join everyone!! Hopefully if things work out the way I hope we will be there!!

Nice! Where do you live?

LDan

Yea, I got the email, I really wanna go to this place some day. Getting my 40 gallon delivered hopefully Friday! I'm pretty broke but could use a few more C. trilineatus, I've only got 4. Plus I've always wanted some of the dwarf cories. Oh god! Never enough fish! Or plants!!

DarkOne

Yea, I got the email, I really wanna go to this place some day. Getting my 40 gallon delivered hopefully Friday! I'm pretty broke but could use a few more C. trilineatus, I've only got 4. Plus I've always wanted some of the dwarf cories. Oh god! Never enough fish! Or plants!!
AF is worth the trip.

Petco has been selling Pygmy Cories for $1.50 ea. It was 99¢ ea and I picked up 10 a few months back. I usually go to the Petco on Rt 17 in Paramus. They have a great fish section. I have a bunch of C SterbaI fry and juveniles if you're interested. They still need to grow out a bit more but should be ready in a month or two. I only have 200 so you have to act quick

Geoff

Well I do have another 5 tanks to fill

How far up into NY are you? Is it a long drive to AF?

DioAquatics

How far up into NY are you? Is it a long drive to AF?
I’m in westchester so not too far up. I’m about an hour away from AF.

Geoff

A place called Grottoes, Virginia.

Cool, Virginia isn’t too terribly far. Maybe you can make a big trip out of it and do some sightseeing in NYC.

I’m in westchester so not too far up. I’m about an hour away from AF.

Not bad at all. I’m about an hour from there as well. Except right now. I’m at work in Jersey so I’m only 15 minutes away lol.

Thedudeiam94

Cool, Virginia isn’t too terribly far. Maybe you can make a big trip out of it and do some sightseeing in NYC.

Not bad at all. I’m about an hour from there as well. Except right now. I’m at work in Jersey so I’m only 15 minutes away lol.

I actually was in NYS last year didn’t go to the city though. Got real close to the border at Canada! We’re planning to make a weekend trip out of it if she still wants to go. We will have a two month old so it will be a difficult decision! But I think it would be a cool first family trip. Even though he wouldn’t remember it. Lol

LDan

AF is worth the trip.

Petco has been selling Pygmy Cories for $1.50 ea. It was 99¢ ea and I picked up 10 a few months back. I usually go to the Petco on Rt 17 in Paramus. They have a great fish section. I have a bunch of C SterbaI fry and juveniles if you're interested. They still need to grow out a bit more but should be ready in a month or two. I only have 200 so you have to act quick
Ohh my! I have only 5 sterbaI in a 20 long, I think I could cram some more in, yeah? They can't go in the new 40 with the rest of the gang cause the trilineatus need lower temps; I've been told not to keep them together. I'd love to take maybe 5 or 6 sterbaI off your hands when they're ready, where are you?

DarkOne

Ohh my! I have only 5 sterbaI in a 20 long, I think I could cram some more in, yeah? They can't go in the new 40 with the rest of the gang cause the trilineatus need lower temps; I've been told not to keep them together. I'd love to take maybe 5 or 6 sterbaI off your hands when they're ready, where are you?
I've had 12 paleatus in a 20L for a few months. I probably wouldn't do more than 8 cories in a 20L though. I moved them into a 40b and replaced them with a colony of kuhliis. Temps overlap with SterbaI and JuliI so it could work at 75-78°F. I'm in Bergen Co.

LDan

I've had 12 paleatus in a 20L for a few months. I probably wouldn't do more than 8 cories in a 20L though. I moved them into a 40b and replaced them with a colony of kuhliis. Temps overlap with SterbaI and JuliI so it could work at 75-78°F. I'm in Bergen Co.
I have 10 in the 20 long now, but they're moving. I'll have to think about filtration if I want to get the whole crew in the 40. It would be 15 + 4 albino fry, plus 3 rasboras.

Fishcat

I remember the days when I needed more sterbais. Now there’s more of them every time I look in the tank. Think I’m up to 12 larger ones and at least three more fry hanging around.
Looks like the meetup was a lot of fun. Discus Madness is a place I very much want to get to - not that there aren’t good places around here, but every store is a little different.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
Ken Kanatsu
Replies
Views
That crazy fish man
Replies
Views