Nj Summer Meetup

DarkOne

There was some talk on KingD 's thread about a summer meetup so I figured I'd start a new thread.

Last time, we met at a diner and had lunch before heading over to Discus Madness. I thought this worked out well so maybe we can do the same thing.

I have 25 SterbaI and 10 M. Trifasciata rainbows for KingD

Lchi87 - Did you want SterbaI too or just the rainbows? I have about 175 SterbaI fry but they're kinda small (biggest are around 1/2") and need a bit more time to grow out.

Tagging: coralbandit , Geoff , cadd
Who am I missing?

I'm good for either 6/1 or 6/15.

Lchi87

Can’t make either, sorry! Getting hitched on the 8th and then heading to the Bahamas for a week. Maybe after?

DarkOne

Can’t make either, sorry! Getting hitched on the 8th and then heading to the Bahamas for a week. Maybe after?
Congrats!!!

How about 6/29?

Lchi87

Ahhh thank you! 29th looks good to me.

DioAquatics

This should be fun hanging out again. Can't wait to get my sterbaI and rainbows for the 75g! richsfishes can you make it the 29th?

Congrats!

Congrats!!!

How about 6/29?
The 29th looks good to me.

coralbandit

The 29 should be good for me !
Anybody who wants any of my fish delivered just say !

Geoff

We should start a Facebook group called The Tri-State FishLore Group or something lol.

richsfishes

This should be fun hanging out again. Can't wait to get my sterbaI and rainbows for the 75g! richsfishes can you make it the 29th?

Congrats!

The 29th looks good to me.

Man summer time is tough for me. Always lots going on. I'd love to make it but can't commit one way or another quite yet! If I do make it I could probably bring some fish to sell if anyone is interested. I've got Apistogramma Honglsoi juvies that are definitely big enough to go. Some of the juvenile rams could probably go too....they're tiny but starting to breed!

DioAquatics

Man summer time is tough for me. Always lots going on. I'd love to make it but can't commit one way or another quite yet! If I do make it I could probably bring some fish to sell if anyone is interested. I've got Apistogramma Honglsoi juvies that are definitely big enough to go. Some of the juvenile rams could probably go too....they're tiny but starting to breed!
No worries I totally get it! If you can join us, I’d love some hongsloi juvies! Been wanting those guys for a while. I’ll private message you about them

I can’t private message you. Anyway, how much are you asking for the hongsloi?

Geoff

I’m going to google those hongslois.

Edit: They’re beautiful fish! Great colors.

DioAquatics

I’m going to google those hongslois.

Edit: They’re beautiful fish! Great colors.
They are one of the apistos on my list of dwarf cichlids

coralbandit

Bumping this to make sure all who want to meet up see this ...

DioAquatics

I'm still in!

DarkOne

I'm still in too.

KingD's sterbaI are getting big. Rainbows are also looking really good now.

coralbandit

Bumping for new people again .
Hope all interested see this and consider the trip ..FishLore meetups are pretty cool and could become a regular event ...
The store has great fish if that is something that interest you !

Thedudeiam94

Wish I could be there!

Fishcat

Wish I could make it but NJ is a little too far for me. Maybe I should look into a Massachusetts meetup.

Minxxy

Sounds like a good time!

coralbandit

Wish I could make it but NJ is a little too far for me. Maybe I should look into a Massachusetts meetup.
Have you ever been to Uncle Neds Fish factory ?
I knew a couple people that got some nice fish from there ..

stella1979

Well geesh, I'm feeling...

Fishcat

Have you ever been to Uncle Neds Fish factory ?
I knew a couple people that got some nice fish from there ..
I have! I only just discovered Uncle Ned’s, and it’s awesome - lots of equipment and lots of fish, including outside koi tanks. My next trip there will be after making a list of what I need. I just blank out when surrounded by that many options, so I need a plan.

DarkOne

It's a hike but might be worth the trip if you're looking for specific fish that DM carries. There's a few other LFS in the area too so you could make a day of it

discus madness

richsfishes

Sorry guys but I won't be able to make it. I'll definitely try for the next one so keep me in the loop!

coralbandit

I am looking forward to going Saturday and hope to come home with a nice pair of discus maybe ...
Anybody going who wants anything from me let me know and I will bring it .
It would appear I may be shopping for a few of my customers [HawaiI / Indiana ] as they have put in request and I think although my LFS is getting 30-40 @ 3 inch discus tomorrow from Hans he has a list also for me !

DioAquatics

I am looking forward to going Saturday and hope to come home with a nice pair of discus maybe ...
It would appear I may be shopping for a few of my customers [HawaiI / Indiana ] as they have put in request and I think although my LFS is getting 30-40 @ 3 inch discus tomorrow from Hans he has a list also for me !
Looking forward to it also. What are the chances of getting a single male PTM and another pair of PTM and 3 super red plecos?

coralbandit

Looking forward to it also. What are the chances of getting a single male PTM and another pair of PTM and 3 super red plecos?
That should be no problem..
Wanting a largish male if possible to go with existing females ?
If you have room I will bring you extra on the pairs so you can get through any future issues hopefully with pairs intact ..

DioAquatics

That should be no problem..
Wanting a largish male if possible to go with existing females ?
If you have room I will bring you extra on the pairs so you can get through any future issues hopefully with pairs intact ..
I actually lost one of the females so the one I have left is solo right now but she’s still acting weird no matter what I do. I’m not sure what to do with her. How much for the extras? I definitely have the space for them

coralbandit

How much for the extras? I definitely have the space for them
The extras are free. I can do the pair /male and super reds for $50
I 'll probably bring you 6 pairs .

DioAquatics

The extras are free. I can do the pair /male and super reds for $50
I 'll probably bring you 6 pairs .
Wow that’s really generous of you. I’ll take them!

Geoff

I’m not sure how good it’s looking for me for Saturday, but just out of curiosity, what all do you have available?

coralbandit

I’m not sure how good it’s looking for me for Saturday, but just out of curiosity, what all do you have available?
I have every color ram except the darkest blacks now ..Plenty of the black/EBR hybrids . Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe[kribensis ] , juvenile white albino swordtails and juvenile Alpha swordtails . Loaded with Red picta and have super red BNP..Ed Parker jet black swordtails ….
I think that is all for now ?
I hope you make it there ,but I am sure we will meet again in Fall or maybe even at the Aquatic Expo...

DioAquatics

I have every color ram except the darkest blacks now ..Plenty of the black/EBR hybrids . Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe[kribensis ] , juvenile white albino swordtails and juvenile Alpha swordtails . Loaded with Red picta and have super red BNP..Ed Parker jet black swordtails ….
I hope you make it there ,but I am sure we will meet again in Fall or maybe even at the Aquatic Expo...
Instead of 6 pairs of PTM, can get 2 pairs? Seeing all the fish you have, I want some other stuff lol

coralbandit

Yea whatever you want .
Part of getting around is being easy !ops:
I really don't mind hooking people up ..I have a lot of fish and this involves no shipping so can be cheap basically..I am going to DM whether people want fish or not ..I would love to hook people up !

Geoff

Oh wow, I just googled some of those fish. Beautiful! I really like the Ed Parker jet black swordtails and the Alphas, too. The BNP looks awesome, as well! Man, I wish I had something to put any of those fish in lol!

coralbandit

Oh wow, I just googled some of those fish. Beautiful! I really like the Ed Parker jet black swordtails and the Alphas, too. The BNP looks awesome, as well! Man, I wish I had something to put any of those fish in lol!
I forgot I have Electric Blue Acara ..it is not the firt time I have forgotten these fish ..

DarkOne

I have some M. Trifasciata rainbow fish that are about 1-1.5". The next largest group of SterbaI are .5-.75" so still a bit small and would need to grow out a few more weeks. I have another 100 or so fry.

I sold off most of my good moss but still have some guppy grass I could spare.

Lchi87

Hey guys, what time are we meeting up at DM? Also, would you mind if I brought a friend? She got her first tank last year and thought she could use some enabling if you guys are down.

coralbandit

Bring her !
I am down for what ever time !

DioAquatics

Noon worked fine for me last time but I'm available all day so whenever is good for me. Of course you can bring her!

bizaliz3

I'm so envious!!!!!

Lchi87

I’m good with noon also if that works for everyone!

DarkOne

Are we meeting at the diner first?

Lchi87 - Did you still want the rainbows and sterbai? The cories are a bit small at .5-.75" so they'll probably need a grow out tank. KingD got all the big ones from the first batch.

Anyone else interested in rainbows and sterbai?

DioAquatics

Lchi87 - Did you still want the rainbows and sterbai? The cories are a bit small at .5-.75" so they'll probably need a grow out tank. KingD got all the big ones from the first batch.

We can meet at the diner again if everyone is cool with that, or we can just meet in the parking lot of DM. I'm cool with either option

coralbandit

I am in for diner at 11 like last time ..French toast and bacon [I am hungry] !
I should be able to be there buy then ..

DioAquatics

So meet up at the diner at 12 and DM right after?

Lchi87

I’ll pass on the fish for now, but thanks! I need to overhaul the freshwater tanks and rehome some acara babies to make room lol.

DarkOne

Ok, Mark Twain Diner at noon, then off to DM.

Mark Twain Diner
1601 Morris Ave
Union, NJ 07083

Last time, between the yappin' and slow service, it took almost 2 hours at the diner so be forewarned for those skipping the diner.

jmaldo

Another Meet-up of the "Fishlore Gang" I gotta move closer. LOL
Remember "Pics" or it did not happen.
Have fun everyone.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
Ken Kanatsu
Replies