[nj/nyc] Selling Multis (shell Dwellers)

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
I'm moving out of my apartment in a few months, so I am looking to sell my shell dwellers. I'm also considering trying saltwater once I move as well.

I've had my shell dwellers for about a year now. I started with 6 juveniles. Those grew into adults and bred. I now have the original 6 who are now adults + 6 juveniles** + unknown number of fry.

**I don't know at what point fish are classified as "juveniles". The 6 I have actually look like fish (rather than little buggers floating around) and I don't see a reason why they wouldn't make it to adulthood.

Since I live in Manhattan, I don't have a car. This means it'd best best if you could pick up. If really needed, I can borrow my parents car from NJ but you'd have to cover tolls and such.

**For $80, I'd be happy to let go of the following:**

*Fish - 6 adults + 6 juveniles + unknown number of fry

*Zebra rock

*20 gallon long tank

*Sand

*Shells - a few dozen

*Baking soda - used to manage water chemistry when doing water changes but you can probably acclimate fish to your tap water - remaining amount should last you about a year

*Cichlid salt - used to manage water chemistry when doing water changes but you can probably acclimate fish to your tap water - remaining amount should last you about a year

**In addition to the above, I have the following equipment available:**

*$10 - 100W Aqueon Pro heater

*$15 - Aquaclear 50

*$50 - Stand - I made this myself using 2x4s and plywood

*$25 - Nicrew LED

FishFor2018
What kind of fish?

goldface
Hi, Dwight I live in Manhattan. Can I see pictures? I’m interested in the tank, fish, and the stand only. But I need to do some research on the shell dwellers.

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
What kind of fish?
They are neolamprologus multifasciatus (multis for short)

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Hi, Dwight I live in Manhattan. Can I see pictures? I’m interested in the tank, fish, and the stand only. But I need to do some research on the shell dwellers.
This is Andy. Dwight is Assistant Regional Manager...not assistant TO THE.

FYI, these are my "first" fish. I've had others when I was a toddler but I'm sure they all died because I washed my rainbow colored gravel with soap water in the tub...Anyways, lesson learned and now that I'm a little smarter with internet and know what to do and what not to do. I will vouch that these fish are hardy. They can handle temperature changes well and are adaptable to NYC tap water. You'll see a lot of places saying they need hard water and that you need to manipulate the water chemistry but that's not the case (at least for the bunch I have). I have soft tap water and they did fine but I dosed my water during water changes just because I felt like it and I wondered if that would help them breed. Dosing is pretty simple. I do a 25% change weekly or biweekly depending on my schedule. There's about 10 inches of water so I take out about 2.5 inches or 25%. In another bowl, I mix 2 spoons of baking soda and cichlid salt each. Then I do a regular water change as you would do with any other tank. As the water is filling the tank to the rI'm I just pour the bowl I mixed the soda and salt in. It's quite simple and takes a few mins. THen I make sure I didn't flip any shells over during the process and get a fish stuck in the shell lol.

I went to go take pics of the fish but they were all asleep so they won't come out of their shells. In the meantime, here are pics of the stand and tank.

Full shot. Stand is about 35 inches or so tall. Made it taller than the usual 30 you see at retail because that is a bit low for viewing IMO.

IMG-1593.JPG

Side shot.

IMG-1594.JPG

Shot with door open.

IMG-1595.JPG

Closer shot of inside of tank.

IMG-1596.JPG

Another side shot to show you closeup of the stand. It's not a fancy stand you can find from a custom cabinet maker. I simply didn't trust petco stands living in a rented apartment so I learned to build a 2x4 frame and skin the stand with plywood. I probably overbuilt by a ton but I can assure you that you won't have to worry about the stand failing. If you zoom in, you'll see the places where the plywoods meet aren't perfect but it passes the living room worthy test for my wife lol. I just wanted to let you know in case you were looking for something more polished.

IMG-1597.JPG

FishFor2018
They are neolamprologus multifasciatus (multis for short)
Are you willing to just sell me the fish?

JLeeM
Are any shipping options available?

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Are any shipping options available?
Unfortunately, I cannot ship. I read up on how to and it's a bit daunting for me to ship fish at the moment.

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
GettinTanked
Can I ask what kind of sand that is? I really like the look.

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Bump. Prices are negotiable.

Here is a vid of the fish as well:

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Bump. $150 for everything or best offer. I can split after I sell fish first too.

JLeeM
Unfortunately, I cannot ship. I read up on how to and it's a bit daunting for me to ship fish at the moment.
Sorry to keep bringing it up, but could any of the equipment be shipped after the fish are sold?

AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Sorry to keep bringing it up, but could any of the equipment be shipped after the fish are sold?
If I have any equipment left after the fish, I can ship but depending on the shipping costs, I may need you to cover the shipping fees.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AsstToTheRegionalMgr
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views