Free Nj Need To Rehome - Purple Harlequin Rasboras

LDan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Local pickup only, Freehold/Howell/Lakewood/Jackson, New Jersey US:

Three adult, already spawning, Purple Harlequin Rasboras. Fat, active and healthy! Tank raised by me. 2 males, 1 female. I am out of room and they need a nice school, free to a fishkeeper who would like to add to their rasbora collection.
They are way too fast for still pictures, here are two videos (hope they post!)

LDan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm in Ohio, so not too far. Shipping is nerve wracking (I just shipped my first snails out today) it was easier than I thought though.
I will probably have to learn how to ship anyway, my albino cory cats have given me 6 fry and the way they go at it they're going to overstock the tank soon. My post on my local FB page has no takers either :/

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You might also check with your local fish stores to see if they'd take them. Not a Petco/Petsmart but a dedicated fish store.

Good luck!

shrimpforever777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I will probably have to learn how to ship anyway, my albino cory cats have given me 6 fry and the way they go at it they're going to overstock the tank soon. My post on my local FB page has no takers either :/
Oh no! Well, I'll pay for the shipping if you decide to ship, priority doesn't normally cost too much even with the added money for materials. If you find someone local to take them first that's okay too but man are these guys pretty!

LDan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh no! Well, I'll pay for the shipping if you decide to ship, priority doesn't normally cost too much even with the added money for materials. If you find someone local to take them first that's okay too but man are these guys pretty!
Yes, they're nice fish with lovely color. A little red sparkle on their heads, pretty purple-black towards the tail. Wish I could get a still but they're just too fast. They're always spawning too, I saw fry the other day but I don't see them now. I raised these 3 in a mesh breeder box, then a 2 gallon. Very hardy and will give you fry galore if you keep an eye out.

I am still researching shipping. I have to get breather bags but I have cold packs from when I ordered frozen food and I have boxes and foam from when I ordered fish online.

Would you want overnight shipping or like 2-3 day priority? I know overnight is like $50, kinda insane but it's up to you.

shrimpforever777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes, they're nice fish with lovely color. A little red sparkle on their heads, pretty purple-black towards the tail. Wish I could get a still but they're just too fast. They're always spawning too, I saw fry the other day but I don't see them now. I raised these 3 in a mesh breeder box, then a 2 gallon. Very hardy and will give you fry galore if you keep an eye out.

I am still researching shipping. I have to get breather bags but I have cold packs from when I ordered frozen food and I have boxes and foam from when I ordered fish online.

Would you want overnight shipping or like 2-3 day priority? I know overnight is like $50, kinda insane but it's up to you.
I'd rather do the 2-3 day priority if that's alright with you.

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I live in Brooklyn and I'm interested if there available the only problem is that I need a ride from a family member to go get them...if there still available

LDan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I live in Brooklyn and I'm interested if there available the only problem is that I need a ride from a family member to go get them...if there still available
Hey, thanks for the interest! I have someone willing to wait while I try out some shipping tests (I've never shipped fish before), but if my packing/shipping tests fail, I'll let you know!

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey, thanks for the interest! I have someone willing to wait while I try out some shipping tests (I've never shipped fish before), but if my packing/shipping tests fail, I'll let you know!
Okay no prob

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom