Nitrogen Cycle Cut Down Time

Taylover26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guys I’m so excited! I got a new 5.5 gallon tank all for my baby betta (he’s getting much bigger now and outgrowing his smaller tank)! Here’s the question: I added gravel from my already set up tank, my amazon sword plant, as well as the QuickStart bacteria to get my nitrogen cycle jump started. How long do you think before I can add my little Betta?

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Taylover26 said:
Guys I’m so excited! I got a new 5.5 gallon tank all for my baby betta (he’s getting much bigger now and outgrowing his smaller tank)! Here’s the question: I added gravel from my already set up tank, my amazon sword plant, as well as the QuickStart bacteria to get my nitrogen cycle jump started. How long do you think before I can add my little Betta?
Did your other tank have a filter that you can move the media from and place in new filter? If not, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to over a month.

Taylover26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Goldiemom said:
Did your other tank have a filter that you can move the media from and place in new filter? If not, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to over a month.
It did have a filter and it’s still plugged in. But it’s smaller than my other filter cartridge. Can I still just place it in or no?

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, you can! If it hasn’t been without fish or food for long. Just take the media out and place it inside the new filter with the new media. Squeeze it in if you have to. Then wait a bit and check your parameters. If youhave 0 ammonia a and nitrite and you have some nitrates, you should have an instant cycle. Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom