Nitrates suddenly 0?

• Thread starter Pfrozen
  • Start date

Pfrozen

Well Known
Man this hobby keeps me on my feet so far!

Parameters 2 days ago were 0,0,10-20, now 0,0,0. I did a 30% WC but I don't have any plants or anhthing yet, just 2 moss balls. Is this part of the cycle?

Thanks.

Travisb1297

It could be at error in the test. Have you retested?

What test kit are you using?

Pfrozen

Well Known
Travisb1297 said:
It could be at error in the test. Have you retested?

What test kit are you using?
Fluval, I didn't retest yet

Pfrozen

Well Known
Just retested, am dumb. I didn't realize false negative was a thing, for some reason I thought only false positive was a thing with nitrate. Plz delete thread :/

UnknownUser

Well Known
Pfrozen said:
Just retested, am dumb. I didn't realize false negative was a thing, for some reason I thought only false positive was a thing with nitrate. Plz delete thread :/
Just to warn you, the api ph test also has false tests where it can show as low as possible or as high as possible. Any time any test reads “weird”, just try a retest first!

Travisb1297

UnknownUser said:
Just to warn you, the api ph test also has false tests where it can show as low as possible or as high as possible. Any time any test reads “weird”, just try a retest first!
Yes. I've tested my water at times and found 1 ppm of ammonia in a tank that's been up 2 years. I retested and it showed zero

UnknownUser

Well Known
Travisb1297 said:
Yes. I've tested my water at times and found 1 ppm of ammonia in a tank that's been up 2 years. I retested and it showed zero
I have constant 0.25 ppm ammonia from every water source, including tap and water bottles and tank. My tank is fine so I just ignore it and do my water changes.

Top Bottom