Nippy Female Albino Guppy

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Leafray, Aug 9, 2015.

1. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Hey guys
    As some of you may know, I recently got some new albino guppies. One of the new females are VERY nippy, she tries to but the males, females and juvies. What should I do? Should I seperate her?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Nympxzie

NympxzieValued MemberMember

Separate her. Is there a large size difference between her and the males? Any other females in with her? Is there a lot of cover/hiding spots in the tank?

3. OP
    OP
    L

LeafrayValued MemberMember

There isn't much difference in size, they are brothers and sisters....

4. VennahHasFishNew MemberMember

Until you get a separate tank I suggest you add more plants, and move your decor around. I'be never kept guppies but it may be a territory issue. Moving your decor and plants would help resolve that issue for a short time.

5. OP
    OP
    L

I have her in a seperate 2.5 galon

6. Nympxzie

Move stuff around as the other user said. If that doesn't work I would re-home her.

7. OP
    OP
    L

What I figured was, she had a batch of fry that night is now all good! I think she was just trying to be by herself to lay her fry :)

8. Nympxzie

That's pretty common behavior! I don't know why we didn't figure that in the first place!!!! Glad she's all good :)

9. OP
    OP
    L

She was acting so strange! And then I saw two little red eyes..... I nearly punched a hole in the tank! XD

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice