Nippy Female Albino Guppy

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
As some of you may know, I recently got some new albino guppies. One of the new females are VERY nippy, she tries to but the males, females and juvies. What should I do? Should I seperate her?
Thanks

Nympxzie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Separate her. Is there a large size difference between her and the males? Any other females in with her? Is there a lot of cover/hiding spots in the tank?

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
Separate her. Is there a large size difference between her and the males? Any other females in with her? Is there a lot of cover/hiding spots in the tank?
There isn't much difference in size, they are brothers and sisters....

VennahHasFish

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Until you get a separate tank I suggest you add more plants, and move your decor around. I'be never kept guppies but it may be a territory issue. Moving your decor and plants would help resolve that issue for a short time.

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
Move stuff around as the other user said. If that doesn't work I would re-home her.
What I figured was, she had a batch of fry that night is now all good! I think she was just trying to be by herself to lay her fry

Nympxzie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's pretty common behavior! I don't know why we didn't figure that in the first place!!!! Glad she's all good

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's pretty common behavior! I don't know why we didn't figure that in the first place!!!! Glad she's all good
She was acting so strange! And then I saw two little red eyes..... I nearly punched a hole in the tank! XD

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom