Nipped Fins

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by InfernBlaze, Aug 17, 2019.

1. InfernBlaze

InfernBlazeNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    my tank was in some trouble today, my I caught my rainbow shark nipping at the fins of my goldfish, I netted him and placed in a tank with some different fish that are much stronger, now one of my goldfish is really weak and his middle tail fin is kinda destroyed, also when I say goldfish I mean fancy goldfish, in my country they are the common ones, so yeah some of my koi in the tank are also kinda nipped at, he is still eating, but other fish seems to nip at him from there to there not much thou, even the other goldfish nips at him, my tank is about a 40 gallon grow out tank so yea, if anyone knows what I should do, ill appreciate it, I hate medication if u can avoid that advice please do, if there's no other way ill do it, i did a 60 percent water change today, the tail is a little bit red, so yeah, and for my rainbow he went in a 30 gallon with 2 albino catfish that i cant identify, its white with whiskers and a long body, incredible appetite, and grows pretty big

2. Joshuaharestad

JoshuaharestadValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +85
    Experience:
    1 year
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but pimafix if you suspect fungal infection. Salt the water. That will help if you want to help it heal without medication. And keep the water pristine. What temp is your tank? I think gold fish are cold while the shark should be in a heated tank.

3. OP
    OP
    InfernBlaze

Ratings:
    +8
    the shark moved and its a fancy goldfish not a normal one

4. jdhef

jdhefModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Do the temperature requirements match up between the goldfish and shark?

5. OP
    OP
    InfernBlaze

Ratings:
    +8
    I believed they did, but now the Sharks have been moved