Ninja betta

1. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I came home from work today to find that my female betta has managed to get passed her divider some how and is now on the same side as my male. What surprised me even is that she's alive. He's much larger than her.

2. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

My two male bettas are always knocking over the divider. They actually seem to be okay together.

She's lucky she didn't get hurt!

3. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

He's at least 4 times her size, if not more.

4. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

All in one piece? THANK GOODNESS. We have all seen this go wrong. Im just glad she managed to stay out of his way until you got home.

5. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

She did it again. The funny thing is, he could care less. I need to figure out how she's getting over.

6. gourami88 Member Member

A few years back I had a male and female betta in a split 15 and the male would always find a way into the females space. She never cared and he never bothered her. I wound up just taking out the divider and never had any problems. They would breed, she would go about her business as usual, and he would take care of the babies. They never fought once. She died before he did, and after she died he refused to eat and died about a month later. I felt so sorry for him, he really seemed to miss her. He would just rest all day long on her betta hammock.

7. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

That's a really cool story. Mine seem to be fine so far. It's only been a day since they've been together though. I also have them in a 15 gallon.

8. gourami88 Member Member

I know all bettas (and fish in general) are different and have their own personalities despite what books say their behaviour should be. And while aggression between the two may be the norm, mine absolutely loved eachother. All of us know fish are smarter than people give them credit for and I think this is just one example of that. My male literally jumped the divider (caught him one day) to get over there. I took the divider down to find a way to rig it so he couldn't get in there and during that time they spent it swimming right next to each other, even resting together on his betta hammock, and not one sign of aggression from either of them. But again, if you do ever attempt this be careful, aggression is definetly the norm between these two.

Having them in a 15 gallon seemed to help dispel any aggression that would be there since they each had large enough territories.