Nilocg Shipping Internationally?

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The shipping page on the Nilocg website says they can ship to most countries internationally, with some product exceptions.

After creating an account and loading my basket with dry ferts for EI dosing I can't get their payment system to accept my address in Malaysia.

Anyone had Nilocg ship internationally?

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I remember somebody saying in another thread of mine that you can contact them and get it sorted.

Why don't you just mix yourself? It is really easy and with a little work you can get hold of all the chemicals locally I am sure. If I can do it here in Bangkok I am sure it is possible in KL also.

I am happy to share my experience and calculations if you want to go down that route....

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nick72 said:
The shipping page on the Nilocg website says they can ship to most countries internationally, with some product exceptions.

After creating an account and loading my basket with dry ferts for EI dosing I can't get their payment system to accept my address in Malaysia.

Anyone had Nilocg ship internationally?
Try to remove Potassium nitrate (or any nitrates) from your order

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aniroc said:
Try to remove Potassium nitrate (or any nitrates) from your order
Thanks but I tried that. Ended up with only a set of plastic measuring spoons in my cart, but still couldn't complete the order.

It looks like the system is only set up to accept USA and Costa Rica addresses. They are the only options in the final shipping address drop down?

I had no trouble entering my full Malaysian address in the earlier pages - it's the Shipping Address where I get stuck.

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fa4960 said:
I remember somebody saying in another thread of mine that you can contact them and get it sorted.

Why don't you just mix yourself? It is really easy and with a little work you can get hold of all the chemicals locally I am sure. If I can do it here in Bangkok I am sure it is possible in KL also.

I am happy to share my experience and calculations if you want to go down that route....

Thanks fa4960 - I sent them a message, it's only 6am over there so maybe I'll get a response in a few hours.

Were you able to buy compounds such as KN03 or KH2PO4 - or did you have to buy the building blocks for these and mix them?

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nick72 said:
Thanks fa4960 - I sent them a message, it's only 6am over there so maybe I'll get a response in a few hours.

Were you able to buy compounds such as KN03 or KH2PO4 - or did you have to buy the building blocks for these and mix them?
You can easily buy the chemicals locally. I paid USD 1,70 for 1 kg of KNO3 and USD 2,5 for 1 kg of KH2PO4 plus local shipping. Here is a list of what you need, or could need but there are other options for chemicals of course:

MgSO4.7H2O Magnesium Sulfate heptahydrate
CaSO4.2H2O Calcium Sulfate dihydrate (Gypsum)
ZnSO4.H2O Zinc (II) Sulfate
CuSO4.5H2O Copper (II) Sulfate
MnSO4.H2O Manganese (II) Sulfate
H3BO3 Boric Acid
Na2MoO4.2H2O Sodium molybdate dihydrate
DTPA Fe 7% DTPA 7% Iron chelate
NiSO4.6H2O Nickel (II) Sulfate
K2SO4 Potassium sulfate
KH2PO4 Potassium dihydrogenphosphate
KNO3 Potassium Nitrate

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fa4960 said:
You can easily buy the chemicals locally. I paid USD 1,70 for 1 kg of KNO3 and USD 2,5 for 1 kg of KH2PO4 plus local shipping. Here is a list of what you need, or could need but there are other options for chemicals of course:

MgSO4.7H2O Magnesium Sulfate heptahydrate
CaSO4.2H2O Calcium Sulfate dihydrate (Gypsum)
ZnSO4.H2O Zinc (II) Sulfate
CuSO4.5H2O Copper (II) Sulfate
MnSO4.H2O Manganese (II) Sulfate
H3BO3 Boric Acid
Na2MoO4.2H2O Sodium molybdate dihydrate
DTPA Fe 7% DTPA 7% Iron chelate
NiSO4.6H2O Nickel (II) Sulfate
K2SO4 Potassium sulfate
KH2PO4 Potassium dihydrogenphosphate
KNO3 Potassium Nitrate
That's really interesting.

I like that K2SO4, KH2PO4 and KNO3 are already complete.

So you used all the others to make CSM+B?

What did you use to measure them? I keep seeing references to 1/32 of a tsp, or 200milligrams, which seem really small and difficult amounts

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The first two are GH Boosters, the rest of the micros I used to make my version of CSM+B, i.e. I went with a different mix, with is one of the big benefits of doing it yourself - you decide how many ppm of a component you want, but CSM+B is a good starting point. The Rotalabutterfly.com calculator is my go to tool to check recommendations and calculations.

I bought a scale for USD 15 that measures from 0.01g - 500g and some big glass bottles for my solutions. I use solutions except for the GH boosters which I dry dose. A scale is really needed if you go down the route of mixing yourself as some of the trace elements are needed in really small amounts. One example is Molybdenum where 1 dose in my 1500 Liters system is 0,005 g. Hence I make my micro solution for 10 doses at a time and then my scale can handle the 0.05g needed.

Your upfront investment is higher and you may end up with way too much of some chemicals even if you only buy 100g but if you plan to stay in the hobby you will be okay in the long run.

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nick72 said:
fa4960

Thanks for the help

I've even found CSM+B Plantex ready mixed

100g Trace Elements / Plantex CSM+B / Plant-Prod Chelated - Micronutrient Mix | Lazada

This could save me a fortune - and sourcing locally
Sure, we are too far away from the US even if they will ship it. All this company is doing is something you can easily do yourself (just mixing chemicals using the calculator), if you need bigger amounts for large and/or many tanks. It is not difficult at all - but also understand if you prefer to have it pre-mixed for you.

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fa4960 said:
Sure, we are too far away from the US even if they will ship it. All this company is doing is something you can easily do yourself (just mixing chemicals using the calculator), if you need bigger amounts for large and/or many tanks. It is not difficult at all - but also understand if you prefer to have it pre-mixed for you.
I've only got one 50 gallon tank, at these prices I can probably get a few years supply for RM100 ($24 USD). That's good enough for me.

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks for the offer but I go to our Cyberjaya office every 2 months or so and I fear the Thai customs will cause me problems and significantly increase the cost....

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fa4960 said:
Thanks for the offer but I go to our Cyberjaya office every 2 months or so and I fear the Thai customs will cause me problems and significantly increase the cost....
Lol. I know, my C02 Art regulator was held by customs for days, because the package included a tiny bottle of Drop Checker Solution - they insisted that C02 Art provide a Material Safety Data Sheet before releasing it.

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Exactly, I got a visiting friend to bring my CO2 Art regulator with him from Europe. I take as little chances as possible with Thai customs, always a risk they outright block it from entering or need a brown envelope to expedite things. I like to know up front what I end up paying....

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can anyone confirm that Monopotassium Phosphate MKP Is the same as Potassium dihydrogen phosphate.

All seems to be KH2PO4 from what I'm reading, but it would be good if I could 100% confirm it.

fa4960

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nick72 said:
Can anyone confirm that Monopotassium Phosphate MKP Is the same as Potassium dihydrogen phosphate.

All seems to be KH2PO4 from what I'm reading, but it would be good if I could 100% confirm it.
Yes it's the same.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom