Night Time Led

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Reyad Abu-Shaaban, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Reyad Abu-Shaaban

Reyad Abu-Shaaban New Member Member

hey, I have a 36 gallon bowfront aquarium that I am currently cycling with 4 fish before I add more after the first cycle is complete. I am looking into adding a blue led but I cannot find anything that seems like it won’t show which is my goal. The led fixture that came with my aquarium looks like it can handle another led but parts are not included, it currently has one white led strip. It’s aqueon if that helps. Thanks in advance!

2. Dakotablue

Dakotablue Valued Member Member

Can you add a blue LED strip in there? They are pretty cheap and if you're running the blue with the daytime lights I wouldn't imagine there would be any heat issues.

3. OP
    OP
    Reyad Abu-Shaaban

The fixture only takes 1 led strip so what I just did was buy one of those led spoils with the remote off of amazon thinking of putting it around the inside of the light fixture and just using that.

4. Dakotablue

Yeah thats what i was trying to describe, just add in that little strip inside the fixture. Should work great.

And Welcome to the Forum!

5. OP
    OP
    Reyad Abu-Shaaban

Thanks you! Everyone here seems so friendly I’ll post a thread later about what tropical fish to get

6. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

I have the same tank, curious what you end up with.

7. Dakotablue

Please do! Have fun with setting everything up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice