Night Time Angelfish Battle Question 

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While my discus are sleeping, sometime under things, my angelfish pick a sleeping spot in the tank, around the mopani wood, plants and ornaments- the angelfish defend their sleeping spots. It’s crazy, they challenge another angel not to come into their sleeping spot. kinda like when they lip battle, but one twitches & other challenges the twitcher. I’m have to record this next time. The discus are clueless, cause their sleeping when all this is going on. Anyone else notice this behavior in their angels?

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
tiffani said:
While my discus are sleeping, sometime under things, my angelfish pick a sleeping spot in the tank, around the mopani wood, plants and ornaments- the angelfish defend their sleeping spots. It’s crazy, they challenge another angel not to come into their sleeping spot. kinda like when they lip battle, but one twitches & other challenges the twitcher. I’m have to record this next time. The discus are clueless, cause their sleeping when all this is going on. Anyone else notice this behavior in their angels?
Yup I noticed mine do that when they are breeding.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The behavior? Its totally normal and common with multiple angelfish.

However.....I've never seen it happen at night when the tank light is off. That is strange!

tiffani

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bizaliz3 said:
The behavior? Its totally normal and common with multiple angelfish.

However.....I've never seen it happen at night when the tank light is off. That is strange!
I posted it last night when it was happening, late last night. It was funny, 3 of my 4 angels were fighting over a sleeping spots, and one would challenge the other that kept shivering at that one. Nobody touch each other, just challenging & shivers, I’ll video it next time so you can see it. And the 4th angel was the referee, trying to break up the squabble between them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom