Nicrew Led Lighting Level

Florence

In the middle of december I purchased a nicrew led light for my just planted amazon swords in my 29 gallon, and the growth was explosive. I'm talking growing over a foot in three weeks without ferts or tabs. I bought 3 little amazon swords, about 6 inches each with 3-4 leaves, and now, two months later I have about 8, 1.5 foot tall plants due to some of them producing so many runners. About two weeks ago I added flourish tabs because of there growth. Why are they growing so fast? I'm not complaining, I love it, but I thought the nicrew led was proven to be low light, and that swords needed medium to high light to grow this fast. I don't use co2 and the substrate is black diamond blasting sand. I have the lights on for 10-12 hours. No algae.

Florence

Heres what it looks like.

jmaldo

Florence "Lucky You"
Looking Good!
Congrats! Appears you have a "Good" balance going on. Post the info/specs on the light, inhabitants, water parameters and tank maint., might help others that are struggling. I tried Nicrew awhile back, I had decent growth but I did not care for the color temp. (too much yellow).
Welcome to the world of "Underwater Gardening" and continued success.

Florence

jmaldo

29 Gallon
Lighting: Nicrew Led. 10-12 hours.
Substrate: Black diamond blasting sand
pH: 7.4
Amm: 0
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Stocking: At the moment, 5 peppered corys
Filter: Sun Sun cannister rated for 60 gallons.
Temp: 78 day - 76 night
Food: Omega one algae wafers and color pellets.
Seachem flourish root tabs, 6 total.
6 amazon swords, one jungle val, and one val of the american variety I believe
20% water change every other week.
My tap pH is a lot higher than my tanks so I try to minimize the impact by doing smaller and fewer changes.
I clean out the cannister every two months just to remove the biggest waste build up.
Tank was jumpstarted using pre established media from one of my other tanks.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom