Nicrew Classic Plus Vs. Finnex Planted+ 24/7

daniodevito

Hey guys,

Looking to upgrade the light in my 29 gallon planted tank. All of my plants are currently low light stuff (anacharis, java fern, java moss, amazon sword, micro sword) but I wouldn't mind getting into some mid light plants as well.

The two that I'm looking at are the Nicrew classic plus and the finnex planted+ 24/7.

The nicrew with the timer/dimmer would be about $56 and the finnex is currently $78 and would not need a timer or dimmer.

Is the Nicrew good to go with or is there any reason I should just pay the ~$20 more for the Finnex?

Rcslade124

Following I am looking into lights for my 29g. I love the 24/7 setting on the finnex. Set and it cycles days for me. But idk if having 24 hour lighting is needed. So I'm interested in seeing everyone's opinions. So far my conclusion is spend the extra 20.

daniodevito

Following I am looking into lights for my 29g. I love the 24/7 setting on the finnex. Set and it cycles days for me. But idk if having 24 hour lighting is needed. So I'm interested in seeing everyone's opinions. So far my conclusion is spend the extra 20.
that was my first thought but with the timer/dimmer on the nicrew it will do day and night cycles as well. it will slowly turn the lights on for the time you set it and slowly turn them off at night. I don't think I would be doing 24/7 llight even with the finnex just because ive read that it can cause algae bloom.

Rcslade124

Well I'm def interested in everyone that has planted tanks to weigh in. I have been research for days lol

ap4lmtree

I was looking into buying that nicrew classic plus as well. It looks like a good light. However, I was debating between using that light instead of my current setup of just a regular light + a 8 dollar outlet timer. The outlet timer doesn't go through light cycles. It is a simple on and off at a different hours.

Humans have a simple on and off regular light. By using nicrew classic plus, it would be a natural outside world sunlight/moonlight cycle. For me personally, I prefer the former; however, do you think fish would prefer the latter?

Rcslade124

Idk I just posted about my diy idea looking for Info. I love the 24/7 timer dimmer and I'm thinking that a premade light might be better than diy. I think fish and plants would prefer a more natural cycle personally.

Blondeath

I have the nicrew classic plus on my tank currently and it seems good (although, this is my first planted tank, I’m no expert)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jahnikar
Replies
Views
JDK426
Replies
Views
sixtyfour
  • Question
Replies