Nice surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well I could not sleep the other night and decided to come down stairs about 3am walked into my kitchen ( I left the lights off) and past the big tank in there and out of the corner of my eye saw something zipping about my tank at high speed. So of course I decided to stop and watch and to my total surprise it was a bumble bee shrimp.
Yeah I added some of these little cutey's about 3 months ago that were given to me, and as all the fish in there are nice fish. I can put a really badly chewed guppy in there and it will recover untouched with them. I thought I would be fine and also I can add day old fry to that tank and they will grow up to be big healthy fish.
Well when I added the bumble bee shrimp all out carnage seemed to break out so I thought I had sadly lost them as I had seen no sight of them again. BUT on closer inspection I seem to have all 4 still! Oh boy are these little guys fast they zip about the tank so fast and they look super cool in the moonlighting I have set up in their tank I am super pleased they have survived. even if I am a little guilty of blaming the fish for eating them lol.

Hmmmm one slight issue though I have to get up in the middle of the night to see them.???

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What a nice surprise! Guess they like to come out and play when everyone is asleep. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.6%

Top Bottom