Newly Joined, Hello!

Ponchinizo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all, I just joined after doing a lot of reading here the last couple weeks, and am doing a fishless cycle on a 10gal tank, which has been very interesting to me on its own. Thanks for all the great info, I made an account because this forum had the highest quality information I could find as I was learning about cycling, stocking, etc.

JJfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore!

I just joined recently aswell. Yup, lots of useful information here and one of my favorite fish forums.

Hope you enjoy your stay and good luck with cycling your new 10g, mind sharing any plans of what fish you might stock in it once it's done cycling? Or you have you not decided yet?

Good luck and again welcome to Fishlore!

JJfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
First I plan on planting java moss and java fern, then I'd like to get ember or neon tetras, and ghost shrimp. I'm a big fan of the teeny tiny schooling fish.
Live plants are always nice. A good place to get those plants and other plants is a site called AqauriumCoOp, they also have a YouTube channel aswell, very popular.

I just got a Dwarf Sagittaria from them and it looks great in my 20g.

I also love Neon Tetras and Cardinals! I've never had Ember Tetras but they do remind me of Goldfish a bit. Shrimps sound pretty neat, never had those either.

I hope all goes right with your cycle.

Ponchinizo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks! Good to know I can get the plants I want even if the LFS doesn't have them. I've gotten some good suggestions for stocking in another thread so now I really don't know what fish I want! I guess I'll start with plants and shrimp and go from there.

JJfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks! Good to know I can get the plants I want even if the LFS doesn't have them. I've gotten some good suggestions for stocking in another thread so now I really don't know what fish I want! I guess I'll start with plants and shrimp and go from there.
No problem! Sounds like a good stocking plan.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 54 66.7%

Top Bottom