40 Gallon Tank Newly cycled tank

justinleeldn

I have just tested my water and my fishless cycle is complete, finally. Ammmonia and Nitrite are both ZERO!!! :)

My Nitrate on the other hand, is a little too high, around the 40ppm mark, so i have just done a 10-15% water change to lower this, before adding any fish. My question is this, can adding bacterial seed raise the Nitrate level? As my filters are now full of friendly bacteria, is there any need to be adding more seed, or should i just leave it?

Thanks.

Jesterrace

I have just tested my water and my fishless cycle is complete, finally. Ammmonia and Nitrite are both ZERO!!! :)

My Nitrate on the other hand, is a little too high, around the 40ppm mark, so i have just done a 10-15% water change to lower this, before adding any fish. My question is this, can adding bacterial seed raise the Nitrate level? As my filters are now full of friendly bacteria, is there any need to be adding more seed, or should i just leave it?

Thanks.

Don't seed anything at this point. Honestly I don't add much once the initial cycle starts because all those extra nutrients can just impede the process. What test kit are you using to get your results? API can be really hit and miss and very prone to error.

Upvote 0

justinleeldn

Don't seed anything at this point. Honestly I don't add much once the initial cycle starts because all those extra nutrients can just impede the process. What test kit are you using to get your results? API can be really hit and miss and very prone to error.

I'm using Red Sea test kit, which as far as i'm aware is the best one.

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

I'm using Red Sea test kit, which as far as i'm aware is the best one.

It is one of the better ones, just making sure that you had a reliable kit.

Upvote 0

Latest threads

Top Bottom