Newly Added Fish Being Chased - Should I Be Worried?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bkaiser3, Jun 7, 2016.

1. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

My 75 gallon tank, planted with real and fake plants, has 3 black angels, 2 gold gouramis(both females), and 2 german blue rams. I just introduced a green severum and a rainbow cichlid. The angels and gouramis are chasing the 2 new fish around a little bit. Should i be worried? There hasnt been any fighting or stare down contests just a little chasing. Is this because the fish are new and the old ones are getting acclimated? Or is this a concern?

2. tyguy7760

tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't be worried unless you see a good amount of lip locking or you see any actual damage.

You sound like you have a large amount of "big fish" in that 75. A green severum may outgrow the 75 or at least take up a lot of room. They can get pretty large. However, I've known people that have kept severums to max size in a 75 and they lived a long happy life. Rotkiel severums "supposedly" don't get quite as large as the regular sevs or the gold sevs. But I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I think the stocking could be fine. But it could also not work. It will come down to the temperament of your fish.

3. OP
    OP
    b

bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

Its been a few hours now and you can already tell a difference. The rainbow and severum swim around the angels and gouramis and there isnt any problems. I havent decided yet but if any fish get rehomed it will be the gouramis. But its my goal to have a 125 or 150 gallon by the beginning of next year to help with the space.

4. tyguy7760

I like that idea. Gourami's would be the first I'd rehome as well. BUT if there are no issues I'd stick with it. Sounds like a beautiful tank.

5. OP
    OP
    b

bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

I am very happy with it. How do i post pictures?

6. tyguy7760

There is a forum on how to post pics. But since I'm on the ap I can't find it

7. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice