Funny Newish filter with bells and whistles

inari

Hey guys,
As many of you know I am slowly setting up a freshwater 55 gallon tank. I got a biowheel filter that can go up to 90 gallons. I got a bit more powerful one as the fish I am planning for won't hurt them. Angels, Bosemen, Cories, BN, maybe a couple of snails but that is very debatable right now. So I was cleaning out some of the dust and dirt that has accomulated in the tank, due to new decorations and gravel and I saw a switch I thought "I wonder what that's for" so I played with it, and turned my filter off. Then I cleaned up the filter bags and forgot to turn it back on, and I'm thinking 'I wonder what's wrong with my filter'

I clearing have too much going at the moment LOL

BigManAquatics

It is OK sometimes to sit back and do nothing but straighten yourself out!! So i have been told....might try it one day!

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Hey guys,
As many of you know I am slowly setting up a freshwater 55 gallon tank. I got a biowheel filter that can go up to 90 gallons. I got a bit more powerful one as the fish I am planning for won't hurt them. Angels, Bosemen, Cories, BN, maybe a couple of snails but that is very debatable right now. So I was cleaning out some of the dust and dirt that has accomulated in the tank, due to new decorations and gravel and I saw a switch I thought "I wonder what that's for" so I played with it, and turned my filter off. Then I cleaned up the filter bags and forgot to turn it back on, and I'm thinking 'I wonder what's wrong with my filter'

I clearing have too much going at the moment LOL
Definitely get cories! They are so cute and I plan on getting some for my 29

Upvote 0

inari

I had them in my 10 gallon with a Betta, they were hilarious, they loved to swim up to the air stone ride it to the top then go to the other side of the tank and repeat the process. They also slept in like a dog pile, the ones I had were 2 different species and they all thought they were the same it was awesome.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Nice just make sure you have at least 6 of one type!

Upvote 0

inari

Nice just make sure you have at least 6 of one type!

This time around I'm figuring about a dozen of one species, I had a few die in my 10-gallon, and when I went to replace them the LFS had a different species, they all got along fine so it worked. I have heard a few people say that them hanging out together is a bit on the rare side.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

This time around I'm figuring about a dozen of one species, I had a few die in my 10-gallon, and when I went to replace them the LFS had a different species, they all got along fine so it worked. I have heard a few people say that them hanging out together is a bit on the rare side.
Yeah it gets science but basically they will be much happier intermingling amungst themselves as one species. It just puts their guality of life through the roof!

Upvote 0

inari

Yeah it gets science but basically they will be much happier intermingling amungst themselves as one species. It just puts their guality of life through the roof!

I don't doubt that at all! They are great fun fish!

Upvote 0
Top Bottom