Newest Member Of The Herd

  • Moderator
APColorado
Moderator
Member
HI Everyone,

Four weeks ago I lost my 14 year old dog name Mattie. I had to make the painful decision to euthanize her on our bed in her home on her favorite fuzzy blanket surrounded with pure love as she crossed the rainbow bridge.

Then two weeks ago I adopted my 10th sow not really looking at adopting another furry creature but the saying goes..."the animal chooses you". I held her in my hand and she started licking me and the rest was history.

She spent 2 weeks in quarantine and got a green light from my exotics vet. I did introductions yesterday in a 4x9 C&C temporary neutral cage and things went well. The herd continued to go about their business except "Lady" who is the herd leader. Lady and Pride were getting "know" each other but after awhile things settled down.

During initial introductions, I found it okay to leave the room (herd were eating together and just laying around without any squabbles) and clean their main habitat decorating for St. Patrick's Day. I periodically checked on them to make sure everything was okay.




Lucy
 
BottomDweller
Member
Aww. They're lovely. Guinea pigs are brilliant aren't they? I love my 2. I use C&C cages too.
 
  • Moderator
Coradee
Moderator
Member
They're just too cute, glad the new girl seems to settling in well
 
tyguy7760
Member
Woah! THat is some guinea pig run! So cute! That fuzzy white one seriously looks like he/she stuck their paw in a light socket.
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
BottomDweller said:
Aww. They're lovely. Guinea pigs are brilliant aren't they? I love my 2. I use C&C cages too.
Yes, I have a weakness for guinea pigs especially rescues. Each one have unique personalities which fun getting to know and understand.

Coradee said:
They're just too cute, glad the new girl seems to settling in well
Thanks Coradee. They can be handful at times when it comes to meal time, especially when they start wheeking in unison reminding me to feed them.

tyguy7760 said:
Woah! THat is some guinea pig run! So cute! That fuzzy white one seriously looks like he/she stuck their paw in a light socket.
That is Coconut, it happens to her during cage cleaning days. After an hour of the humidifier on the static disappears.
 
Punkin
Member
So sorry to hear about your pooch. I have a near 19 year old cat that I dread the day that comes....
And the guinea pigs are SO CUTE!
 
James17
Member
It's too bad that our pets don't live long enough.
 
  • Moderator
Lucy
Moderator
Member
Welcome to the family Pride!
Gosh AP, she's so cute. Who could resist her. I enjoyed the video.
Have you ever considered live streaming?

Hate to break it to you but I think you are addicted to Guinea Pigs
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Punkin said:
So sorry to hear about your pooch. I have a near 19 year old cat that I dread the day that comes....
And the guinea pigs are SO CUTE!
Thank you. It was the hardest decision ever. We tried everything for our little girl, but she wasn't the same. We syringe fed her because she was refusing to eat and shoved her pills down her throat because she was refusing her pills too.

James17 said:
It's too bad that our pets don't live long enough.
I agree!!!

Lucy said:
Welcome to the family Pride!
Gosh AP, she's so cute. Who could resist her. I enjoyed the video.
Have you ever considered live streaming?

Hate to break it to you but I think you are addicted to Guinea Pigs
I thought about it, but don't know where to start (not the most tech savy person). I will be getting a dog cam when I return to the working world.

Yeah, I would agree with you, I'm addicted. BTW no more guinea pigs, my last adoption (lol)
 
  • Moderator
Lucy
Moderator
Member
AmazonPassion said:
BTW no more guinea pigs, my last adoption (lol)
Uh huh.
No more guinea pigs until the next one.
 
Punkin
Member
AmazonPassion said:
It was the hardest decision ever. We tried everything for our little girl, but she wasn't the same. We syringe fed her because she was refusing to eat
I understand. We had to do similar in summer 2015 with a 17 year old cat. He stopped eating and we gave him subcutaneous fluids and all that. We tried for a month but it wasn't enough. You did your best and gave her a good life!
 
Junne
Member
So sorry to hear about your Mattie.

I always love watching your other fur babies. Pride looks just like my calico cat what a beauty and great set up!
 
Namtab
Member
AmazonPassion said:
BTW no more guinea pigs, my last adoption (lol)
I'm sure you said that before you got Pride
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Lucy said:
Uh huh.
No more guinea pigs until the next one.
Did I say that 6 or 7 guinea pigs ago? LOL

Punkin said:
I understand. We had to do similar in summer 2015 with a 17 year old cat. He stopped eating and we gave him subcutaneous fluids and all that. We tried for a month but it wasn't enough. You did your best and gave her a good life!
Yeah, that was the worse experience. I was puree her food and syringe feeding her. I know that wasn't a life for her and she was no longer the same girl we knew. Her personality felt withdrawn.

Junne said:
So sorry to hear about your Mattie.

I always love watching your other fur babies. Pride looks just like my calico cat what a beauty and great set up!
Thank you. Yeah, I love her calico marking.

Namtab said:
I'm sure you said that before you got Pride
Yes, I say that every time.
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom