Newest addition + They're all getting along!!!

1. AnneRose

AnneRose Valued Member Member

Hey everyone!

So in my last post I told you that I transferred my little goldfish in the pond with the big ones since he was getting too big, and instead I got myself 5 beautiful male guppies.

Well a week later I kept reading about female bettas personalities (no hate here, I did as much research as I could and turns out 99% of the time female bettas get along with guppies as long as they both have a lot of places to hide and rest, and as long as the guppies were added first in the tank!) so I gave in and got myself a beautiful red and blue betta. So far, after 4 days, they all look super happy. After hiding for a day or two, the betta is finally coming out and swimming with the others and seems to be socializing. There has been no fin nipping so far.

She's adding beautiful colours to the tank, along with the guppies, and couldn't be happier with my stocking! Here's a couple photos of her.

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3036.JPG

What are your latest additions to your tank?

2. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

6 striped kuhli loaches to my 30 gal tank about 3 weeks ago. So far so good. Cute little buggers. Alison:;hi1

Advertisement

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You should watch the betta for signs of stress too - while you should watch for the betta going after the guppies, the guppies can very easily stress the betta too. If she has those stripes, she may be stressed.

4. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I was just going to mention that she's showing stress stripes, but don't give up just yet. It may be that she's stressed from the recent move. Still, bettas and guppies have different body language and the guppies may not recognize the signals she's sending to get out of her space.

5. OP
    OP
    AnneRose

AnneRose Valued Member Member

I heard they get those stripes when they're young, she's only a month old or two!

6. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

That's true, I have a four month old girl that still has hers. I raised her from a 'baby betta' and she still shows her stripes strong sometimes. It really depends on the time of day with her. My newest tank addition is Keshet my male betta that has a 5g shared by Smaug, a gold spot rabbit snail.:)

Advertisement