60 Gallon Tank Newbie

Fishwood

Hello all fish keepers
I myself am not new to fish keeping but I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking to go from 35 gallon (18 years old).to a 60 gallon planted tank to take a shot at discus. Current tank is a community version. 4 green tiger barbs,4 black neon tetras,3 Cory's,2 clown plecos and 2 black phantom tetras.one of my biggest issues at the moment is selecting the tank itself ????..any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks all

Attachments

• 20210313_171852.jpg
    20210313_171852.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 26

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)
86 ssinit is our resident Discus keeper. He may have some suggestions for you. All I know about Discus is they have picky water parameters....lol

AggressiveAquatics

All I know about discus is be prepared for a lot of water changes

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
Sorry I know nothing about discus

alven

Hi there, and welcome to Fishlore!

Khory4611

I'm happy with this one if you can catch a sale (Don't pay over $200). Or piece a set together. I replaced the light right away but the rest is great.

Marineland 60 Gallon Heartland LED Aquarium with Stand | Fish Tanks & Aquariums | PetSmart

Fluidmotion1987

Not to get off subject but I'm a newbie, can you keep tiger barbs with tetras? I was told tiger barbs are aggressive at the pet store so I couldn't get them if I wanted a peaceful community same with angel fish I really wanted them but same thing too aggressive if i want a peaceful community?

Leeman75

Welcome Fishwood! I like your tank!! Can't help with the Discus I'm afraid, but there are others on the forum that can!

Welcome to you too Fluidmotion1987. I think that if you start a thread of your own, we can welcome you officially and also answer the question you asked. I don't want to hijack Fishwood's thread.

Fluidmotion1987

Welcome Fishwood! I like your tank!! Can't help with the Discus I'm afraid, but there are others on the forum that can!

Welcome to you too Fluidmotion1987. I think that if you start a thread of your own, we can welcome you officially and also answer the question you asked. I don't want to hijack Fishwood's thread.
Will do thanks.

86 ssinit

Welcome to fishlore! Ask a lot of questions!! Discus are great fish but do need extra care. The marineland tank is fine but the rest are not. Stand is shaky and the light basic. Buy the tank build your stand buy a vivagrow 24/7 led. 6 discus for a 60.

Fishwood

Not to get off subject but I'm a newbie, can you keep tiger barbs with tetras? I was told tiger barbs are aggressive at the pet store so I couldn't get them if I wanted a peaceful community same with angel fish I really wanted them but same thing too aggressive if i want a peaceful community?
Hello all fish keepers
I myself am not new to fish keeping but I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking to go from 35 gallon (18 years old).to a 60 gallon planted tank to take a shot at discus. Current tank is a community version. 4 green tiger barbs,4 black neon tetras,3 Cory's,2 clown plecos and 2 black phantom tetras.one of my biggest issues at the moment is selecting the tank itself ????..any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks all
Love the feedback and thanks to all
My main focus right now is on a new tank.not sure on brand. Big pet store chains seem to have just as many 1 reviews as 5 . I'm a review nut .my Cory's wanted me to ask the community.
Thanks again

Attachments

• 20210321_150131.jpg
    20210321_150131.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 14

Fluidmotion1987

Hello all fish keepers
Thanks all
Love your tank it is beautiful

Fishwood

Why thank you for the compliment.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BradleyH2O
Replies
Views
Barrylfc
Replies