5 Gallon Tank Newbie with a nano

zaqqity

Hello fish friends!

My only fishkeeping experience is that I've cared for danios in a research/university setting before, so I know a few health and safety basics, but I'm totally new to hobby aquariums. A friend gave me a five gallon aquaponics tank and some accessories, so I decided to dive in. Planning to do aquatic plants, shrimp, and a snail in the tank and a couple edible plants in the hydroponic growth tray above. Not planning on any fish for this tank due to the size, but of course I'm already scheming for future tanks xD

Just got it set up with the aquatic plants so now the waiting game begins until the tank is cycled and ready for some inverts. Thought I'd join you fine folks here in the mean time to keep me from dying of impatience. So hello, and nice to meet you! I look forward to learning a ton from you all.

-zaqqity (aka Laura)

darkcat

Hi!! Welcome to fishlore! Hope you can get some answers and advice here!

zaqqity

Hi!! Welcome to fishlore! Hope you can get some answers and advice here!
The way this showed up in my notifications was just "there may be more posts after this" and initially I thought that's what you had commented. I thought it was an ominous warning that I'd already done something horribly wrong

Imagine my relief to click through and find a friendly welcome instead!

Cinabar

Hi zaqqity! Welcome to fishlore! Immediately starting out with the plants and shrimp I see. Soon you’ll be researching plant fertilizers and fancy designer shrimp and gourmet shrimp foods and aquascaping and you’ll be in too deep like the rest of us (this isn’t a cult lol I swear!)

ProudPapa

Welcome to the forum, and to shrimp keeping. I started out with one shrimp tank, and now I somehow have three tanks just for shrimp and snails, two tubs outside with shrimp and guppies, along with cull shrimp in my three fish tanks.

Hi zaqqity! Welcome to fishlore! Immediately starting out with the plants and shrimp I see. Soon you’ll be researching plant fertilizers and fancy designer shrimp and gourmet shrimp foods and aquascaping and you’ll be in too deep like the rest of us (this isn’t a cult lol I swear!)

No, of course it isn't. It's the official MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) support group.

beetle774

Welcome to the forum, and to shrimp keeping. I started out with one shrimp tank, and now I somehow have three tanks just for shrimp and snails, two tubs outside with shrimp and guppies, along with cull shrimp in my three fish tanks.

No, of course it isn't. It's the official MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) support group.
It's a cult. It's a really friendly one though : ))))))

zaqqity

It's a cult. It's a really friendly one though : ))))))

Only five gallons and yet I'm already in too /deep/

AmnScott

I just started a nano as well. All of my previous tanks are 10 gallons or more. There is something interesting about seeing so much life in such a little space. My 3 gallon cube has around 5 RCS. Hoping to add some more.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BradleyH2O
Replies
Views
Leeman75
20 Gallon Tank Just realized ...
Replies
Views
Pfrozen
Replies