newbie with a few dumb questions!

aj16hp

Reaction score
Hi ive just discovered the forum looks great!! Ive asked around at another forum,way before what i knew what i wanted  :.. So i'm back a inch wiser!

I work for a disabled friend who wants a tank..I rent a room too, so i can do the major jobs..
Ive noticed one of the sites in UK sell a 33 gall tank, Its a tank with everything you need to get started, pumps etc..but its under there tropical freshwater section..would the pump and light have to be replaced, its far cheaper then the same sized tank under marine section..

I read on one thread that 29 gal is workable as a salt water tank for beginners?  how many fish would that take? He really wants small colorful fish, dwarf anglefish etc..

OK sorry for the confused post and grammar
Andy

aj16hp

Reaction score
hi the more i think about this, i think hes going to be stretching to go salt watered..so no need to reply..ive spoken to him tonight and im going to re post in freshwater section..sorry! andy

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!!! Freshwater is much easier and less expensive to deal with
Carol

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And you should only plan on one saltwater dwarf angelfish per tank, unless it is extremely large. The saltwater tank probably comes with better lighting which would account for the difference in price. If you only want to keep fish and no corals and no clams then you'd be fine with regular flourescent lighting that would come with the freshwater setup.

aj16hp

Reaction score
hi thks Carol & Mike! after talking to my friend we have agreed freshwater tropical would be best..like you say Mike for reef we would have to buy a lot more stuff etc...So i think saltwater can wait till another day!
ive ordered a tank for him today,i will post about it in the right section..thks for replying though...andy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom