Newbie To Plants. Need To Know Care.

FishFor2018
Hello I just added some new plants to my tank and want to know the best way to take care of them! I have a led plant light on it that I believe is a 50watt and I keep it on for 6-7 hours a day. All the plants I have are...... 1 Anubias, 1 Amazon Sword, like 7 or 8 Java Ferns, 1 Rotala, 2 Asian Water Ferns, 1 Pennywort, and 1 Hornwort. I need to know if they require more lighting, less lighting, or if it’s fine, do they NEED CO2, can I just place root tabs down and if so under what plant, and anything else I should know!

Thank You!

Bryangar
Those are easy plants. No co2 and don't need high lighting. I’d add root tabs under the sword.
What lighting do you have?

FishFor2018
Those are easy plants. No co2 and don't need high lighting. I’d add root tabs under the sword.
What lighting do you have?
I can get pictures around 1 tomorrow of the box it came in (I’m on vaca rn) but it was called plant light and someone on here said it is usually used on greenhouses. It’s like a reddish pinkish color. It’s 50 watt I believe

Bryangar
I can get pictures around 1 tomorrow of the box it came in (I’m on vaca rn) but it was called plant light and someone on here said it is usually used on greenhouses. It’s like a reddish pinkish color. It’s 50 watt I believe
Ohhh I remember that. I think it should be fine for the plants you have, as long as it has a good spread.

FishFor2018
Ohhh I remember that. I think it should be fine for the plants you have, as long as it has a good spread.
Well I have the majority of plants closer to the light but I also have a light purple background covering all sides but the front. The light comes in from the side so.

Annie's bettas
It is suggested that you use Co2 for any ferns, although I ( personally) recommend Co2 for all plants for the best result. They do well in TopFin lighting if that sheds any light on that ( Lol, sorry for pun). I don't use root tabs and am doing great with all of them. I will say that my Java ferns aren't growing, and I have learned that they do best if attached by thread to rocks! I will say that in my case, my Java fern/ El Nino Fern have sprouted little sprouts from their leaves that I can just pry off and I get a few free plants out of the deal! That's all I can tell ya! Hope it helps!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishFor2018
Replies
Views
LadfromLondon
Replies
Views
Bryangar
Replies
Views