Newbie To Koi

Thegolden fish

How difficult is it to look after koi are they hardy and what is needed for basic care of a koi thanks

Kenny777

In order to keep koi fish you need a pond. They can reach over a foot. I'm not sure hardiness wise but but they are social so they need friends and they aren't picky feeders.

Thegolden fish

I have a 125 g pond with waterfall but empty

Ok thank you a lot always wanted koi

JesseMoreira06

no good a 125g pond is not big enough for koi , you need a 1200 gallon pond at the very minimum for Koi. They get over 2 feet long.

Thegolden fish

Aye that’s a shame

KimberlyG

This site is for people who are always learning. It doesn't matter how long you have been doing this, there are still things that pop up and make you scratch your head. No one is an expert on every aspect of this hobby.
Any question is valid!

Thegolden fish

Yep that’s the way to roll and I got a good sleep than you the waterfall sound was soothing

Kenny777

Why not put a couple of fancy goldfish in there? And maybe some dojo loaches? :/ not totally sure about dojos.

JesseMoreira06

This site is for people who are always learning. It doesn't matter how long you have been doing this, there are still things that pop up and make you scratch your head. No one is an expert on every aspect of this hobby.
Any question is valid!

100% agree , this hobby is so vast that learning is daily , been doing it for over 10 years and have 15 tanks and I still learn new things from time to time.

Thegolden fish

Good point how bout black moors

Kenny777

Hmm ask JesseMoreira06 hes the best almost as good as Anders IMO. My favorites are Orandas.

Thegolden fish

Hmm good point will check that out thanks

JesseMoreira06

Any Fancy Goldfish would work in a 125g , you could do 6 Fancy Goldfish.

Kenny777 Orandas are also my personal favorite.

Thegolden fish

Hmm

That’s a lot more than one or two koi so yeh!

JesseMoreira06

That’s a lot more than one or two koi so yeh!

Yes and the Fancy Golsfish would be much happier. Koi fish get big and are social fish , they like being in groups just like any Goldfish but require a big pond to accommodate them.

Kenny777

Any Fancy Goldfish would work in a 125g , you could do 6 Fancy Goldfish.

Kenny777 Orandas are also my personal favorite.
Omg Twinzies! They Are the best IMO I want some.... but I'll wait until I have my own house

Thegolden fish

You would do then proud

Similar Aquarium Threads

• JustAFishServant
  • Koi
Replies
Views
SparkyJones
  • gingerrr43
  • Koi
Replies
Views