Newbie looking for advice

1. reyes2593

reyes2593 New Member Member

Hello my name is Alex and this is the second saltwater tank I've owned so I'm still pretty much new to this I have a 28 gallon nano cube I keep all my parameters in check and do my weekly water changes I'm looking for some advice toward what kind of corals I can add to this tank to make it really pop I'm planning on just keeping the clownfish and the goby as well as adding a BTA. So any advice on beginner corals would really be appreciated

Current stock
    1 shadow clownfish
    1 snowflake clownfish
    1 blue velvet damsel (rehoming to a new tank)
    1 watchmen goby
    2 peppermint shrimp
    A couple of blue legged crabs and margarita
    snails
    I also have a small hammer coral frag and a Kenya tree frag as well as a green star polyp frag[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].
    Note: this tank is about 3 months old I first introduced the coraline algae on the shells of the margarita snails and now it's everywhere

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore, nice tank :) hope one of our salty members can help you today

3. OP
    OP
    reyes2593

reyes2593 New Member Member

Forum is useless no help at all!

4. Skyy2112

Skyy2112 Valued Member Member

I apologize you havent recieved any recommendations yet, I dont think we have all too many Saltwater aquarists compared to a more specialized forum.

I'm afraid all I would be able to say is the difference between soft and hard corals, ...

In reality, corals depend on your lighting, and water parameters which you havent supplied.
    TexasDomer @Oldsalt

Can you give an opinion or know our salty friends?