Newbie just wants to say Hi

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by woodyptk, Mar 19, 2010.

1. w

woodyptk New Member Member

:;th.. just wanted to say Hi to you all.. I have just signed up as have a new setup...currently going thru the cycle with fish added on day 2..

I am loving the wealth of knowledge I have found since I signed in.. you guys are something else :clapping:, and am so glad I have somewhere to come to ask anything and to soak up all the info you lend out

keep up the good work :clapping:

:;thx

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to fishLore!
    carol

3. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Welcome !!!

4. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

:;hi2Welcome to Fish Lore! Take advantage of the info you can acquire here, it's second to none.
    I did notice that you do not know about the nitrogen cycle according to your profile, please do plug it into the search and do some reading, since you have added fish already, you will be needing to do daily water changes to keep them comfortable...for about a month (yes the cycle takes a while) please don't add any more fish yet!
    I would suggest getting Prime for your water conditioner, and the liquid test kit by API.
    Stop using Cycle! It contains the wrong type of bacteria (that is why it states to add it every week for the life of your tank) Daily water changes with Prime will get things going and keep it safe...it makes the water good for 24hrs but the ammonia is still available for the bacteria to feed on.
    Good luck, be patient and enjoy!

5. Jrobber

Jrobber Well Known Member Member

Welcome from another Newbie!

There is a wealth of information within these forums and all throughout the website.

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

7. c

click Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay:sign0016:

8. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FL! Enjoy the site ;D

9. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!!!!!look forward to reading your posts

10. gef21

gef21 Valued Member Member

welcome to fishlore! I am also relatively new to this hobby and fishlore has helped me SO much.

11. m

michael68 Valued Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!! Hope i can be of some help in the furure!!

12. Narwhal

Narwhal Valued Member Member

It seems like you have quite a few fish for a 25 liter (around 6 gallon) tank. Try   to see how many and what types of fish you can keep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice