Newbie here!

ryle89

Hello!

Newbie fish keeper here. I Currently have a 38L dark water nano tank with a dumbo ear half moon betta named spectre. When I have things that needed clarification this is my go to forum so I decided to join and be a member. Glad to be a part of this wonderful group.

Ryle

Attachments

• DE15B5C7-553A-43A1-A3AC-40A6BA0362C9.jpeg
    DE15B5C7-553A-43A1-A3AC-40A6BA0362C9.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 27

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore. Came here the same way!

Kitley

welcome to Fishlore!

Redroofinn

Welcome!!

RelaxingBettas

Beautiful tank, welcome! My blackwater bettas in their holding 2.5 gallon tanks are so jealous lol. One fish paradise at a time...

aquachris

Welcome to Fishlore! Glad to have you here... your definitely at a great place!

Thanks for posting a pic, we love pics of tanks and fish!! I love your tank and betta!!!! So beautiful! What are you using to make the blackwater so nice?

ryle89

Welcome to Fishlore! Glad to have you here... your definitely at a great place!

Thanks for posting a pic, we love pics of tanks and fish!! I love your tank and betta!!!! So beautiful! What are you using to make the blackwater so nice?

Thanks a lot! Now I don’t have to worry about finding answers when I have you guys around to help me out. I’ve been using Rooibos Tea bags to tan my water. Initially I’ve been boiling botanicals that I have ordered online but due to frequent water changes, it got diluted and I ran out of botanicals so I opted for the tea bags instead. ☺️
Beautiful tank, welcome! My blackwater bettas in their holding 2.5 gallon tanks are so jealous lol. One fish paradise at a time...
Thank you! I never thought I would enter into fish keeping but here I am!

RelaxingBettas

Rooibos, I never thought of it, I'm not sure I'd throw my vanilla and chai varieties in there, but how clever! I just use an assortment of dried leaves, oak, Indian almond, pear (although sphagnum has been ordered for spawning tetras)- my shrimp couldn't be bothered with cucumber and all that, but they go mad for whatever biofilm accumulates on those pear leaves, they can decimate one overnight.

Dennis57

Hi, and Welcome to Fishlore.

Willow84

Hello!

Newbie fish keeper here. I Currently have a 38L dark water nano tank with a dumbo ear half moon betta named spectre. When I have things that needed clarification this is my go to forum so I decided to join and be a member. Glad to be a part of this wonderful group.

Ryle
I am a newbie as well! While my tank cycles I am reading all I can and researching about what live plants I would like to have once my LFS gets more stock in. What plant is floating in your tank? I really like the look of it!

aquachris

Thanks a lot! Now I don’t have to worry about finding answers when I have you guys around to help me out. I’ve been using Rooibos Tea bags to tan my water. Initially I’ve been boiling botanicals that I have ordered online but due to frequent water changes, it got diluted and I ran out of botanicals so I opted for the tea bags instead. ☺

Oh man.. if I had rooibos tea bags, I don't know that I would give them up for a tank HAHA... or it would be - one for you, 5 teas for me...

Do you just put a single tea bag in there for a period of time? I'm super curious now!

Alfio

Hi and welcome to Fishlore. Found some good help here.

tapwater

hey there! Im also a newbie/rather inexperienced fish keeper. that tank set up and Spectre are breathtaking by the way

ryle89

Oh man.. if I had rooibos tea bags, I don't know that I would give them up for a tank HAHA... or it would be - one for you, 5 teas for me...

Do you just put a single tea bag in there for a period of time? I'm super curious now!

Hello,
Yes, I just leave the tea bags to steep in the tank water until I get the desired tinge. I ordered them from Amazon.
I am a newbie as well! While my tank cycles I am reading all I can and researching about what live plants I would like to have once my LFS gets more stock in. What plant is floating in your tank? I really like the look of it!

Thanks! The green ones are water lettuce and the red ones are red root floaters

Attachments

• DCB1924F-4918-4384-B7F4-6FCCB808CFE1.jpeg
    DCB1924F-4918-4384-B7F4-6FCCB808CFE1.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 8A0368AD-BEF7-4B82-9373-9F4C895DF13F.jpeg
    8A0368AD-BEF7-4B82-9373-9F4C895DF13F.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 8

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit