Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Newbie Here! Thanks For Accepting Me Into The Forum! Hoping To Learn Alot From You. Question

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Phoenix5203, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Phoenix5203New MemberMember

Hello....in need of advice please! I'm fairly new to the fish scene and loving it. I currently have 3 half grown Oscars in a 55gal, I just purchased a new 125 setup to upsize their domain. The tank was set up as a display in the store. When I got home with it I noticed 3 large scratches on the bottom of the aquarium. I'm fairly certain these are scratches and not cracks, I can feel them with my nail but only from inside the tank. With the sheer amount of water that will be going into this tank, do these compromise the tanks integrity? I would be devastated to come home to a blown out tank and more so dead fish...any advice?

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

Scatches to the bottom of a used tank are common and usually nothing to be alarmed about. Scraping out the gravel bed creates enough abrassive motion as to cause scratches.
    Have fun setting up the big tank. Make sure the tank sets level on the stand w/ all 4 corners of the tank touching the stand.

3. Phoenix5203New MemberMember

Thanks so much for the advice! Rookie mistake on my behalf....feeling a little like a dork. It was actually silicone strings, likely from the manufacturer. It's a new tank and they looked and felt like scratches. They came up with a razor blade...what a relief!

Thanks again...super excited to get this bad boy up snd running!

4. nanofishneededValued MemberMember

Sounds very cool, could we get a picture of the setup?