Newbie Here Saying Hello!

G8toofast2009

Reaction score
Came across this board while researching information for getting our Betta tank right. Figured I might as well join! Anyway, very new to aquariums, care, maintenance, etc. My daughter received her Betta as a gift and our current tank setup was gifted shortly after. It's a Topfin 1G. We recently added a thermometer and Topfin 10W heater. Will be getting another heater as this one doesn't seem to have a shutoff or temp adjustment and is getting the tank up to 83-84. We plan to get rid of the marbles and add a substrate suitable for live plants. We have so much to learn i hope our Betta stays happy and comfortable while we figure this out. Once we have a better idea of what we're doing I want to get him into a 10G setup with plenty of live plants. Anyway here are a few pics of our current setup. Any info and help is definitely appreciated!
20190916_200414.jpg
20190916_200607.jpg

Heron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishkeeping. I hope you will really get to enjoy the hobby. If you have any problems with anything or just need advice just ask, someone here will be only to glad to help.

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Came across this board while researching information for getting our Betta tank right. Figured I might as well join! Anyway, very new to aquariums, care, maintenance, etc. My daughter received her Betta as a gift and our current tank setup was gifted shortly after. It's a Topfin 1G. We recently added a thermometer and Topfin 10W heater. Will be getting another heater as this one doesn't seem to have a shutoff or temp adjustment and is getting the tank up to 83-84. We plan to get rid of the marbles and add a substrate suitable for live plants. We have so much to learn i hope our Betta stays happy and comfortable while we figure this out. Once we have a better idea of what we're doing I want to get him into a 10G setup with plenty of live plants. Anyway here are a few pics of our current setup. Any info and help is definitely appreciated!View attachment 613531View attachment 613532
Welcome! You're in the right place... be careful though, you sound like you might get MTS!
Have you stumbled on the dictionary yet?

Jocknh

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello fishlore,

Im a newbie as well. Have had a few gold.fish back in the day but decided to go with a planted tank this time around. I've had a few challenges so far and hope to utilise the fishlore community experience to help along the way. Very excited to be Here.

Cheers

My 420L planted aquarium so far
15689372611083323918749942415996.jpg

Dennis57

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello fishlore,

Im a newbie as well. Have had a few gold.fish back in the day but decided to go with a planted tank this time around. I've had a few challenges so far and hope to utilise the fishlore community experience to help along the way. Very excited to be Here.

Cheers

View attachment 613639
Beautiful tank.

Welcome to Fishlore, you will get a lot of help here from everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello fishlore,

Cheers

View attachment 613639
Beee U t ful tank! Welcome Jocknh - you'll love the forum. It's the best

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)
Just wanted to encourage you to read up on the nitrogen cycle which it sounds like you might not know about. You'll probably want to do a lot of water changes - several times a week - in that 1G to keep your betta happy and healthy until you can upgrade them to that larger tank. Just putting it out there in case you don't know how tank chemistry works and they gave you bad advice at the store (which they sometimes do).

Good luck with everything!

OP
G

G8toofast2009

Reaction score
Hello fishlore,

Cheers

View attachment 613639
Awesome looking tank! Definitely the level I'm interested in getting to! So much inspiration!

OP
G

G8toofast2009

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Yes I'm definitely in the learning stage of not knowing much at all lol. We did a 100% water change over the weekend. I'm seeing now that replacing the filter probably wasn't a good idea. Should be getting the master test kit and some Seachem products here quickly.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 6 16.2%

Top Bottom