Newbie Here - Ready To Learn!

lisa99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everyone, in the last few days I’ve become hooked on fish!

During an extended visit to my son’s house I’ve found myself sitting in front of his 20g tank and watching the fish. So much so that I stumbled on this site while searching for info on the fish he has.

Last night I went to our LFS and bought a dwarf gourami for their tank after doing a lot of reading here the last couple of days. After putting him in the tank he was acting very strange so I wondered about the water quality. They didn’t have a test kit so I came back here to see what to buy. Back to the LFS and lo and behold the nitrite level was so high it was off the chart. I’ve done 4 water changes in the last 24 hours following instructions here. The new fish immediately responded and is settling in nicely. And the other little guys are much more active too.

I’ve been enjoying it so much that I found a 75 gallon tank with a stand on Craig’s list for dirt cheap that I’ll be setting up when I get home at the end of the month. And YES I’ll be cycling it before I even think about putting in a fish. Poor little guys deserve a nice home not a science lab.

Thanks for being here! I will be using the Search feature a lot but I’m sure I’ll still have many questions.

Attachments

JJfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore! :) I find it so caring/nice that did water changes for those fish!

Good luck with the 75g and again, Welcome to Fishlore and to the hobby!

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore!

It's very easy to get hooked. I bought my daughter sea monkeys about a year ago. She lost interest in them fairly quickly. Not me! That little sea monkey tank has turned into a 45g community tank, 5g guppy tank, 10g shrimp breeding tank, and I just got a pair or Honey Gouramis to spawn and now have a 10g with a bunch of Gourami fry. Plans to set up a couple more breeding tanks as I like the challenge and find it interesting.

I think you will find this site to very helpful. The community here is very knowledgable and quick to help out whenever they can. Defenitly helped me out a lot when I was just starting out and making many mistakes!

Good luck with your new tank and be sure to show some pictures when you set it up!

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom